Fiber Optic Snoot System for Z-240 and D-2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshmellow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This a custom designed fiber snoot system for Z-240 and D-2000 flashes.

What sets this system apart from the current commercial units available is the fact that it has 3 optical lines, two for each the tube and a third for the LED modeling light. Using a snoot without a modeling light is a tricky "hit and miss" experience to what already is a difficult task of aiming your lights on small subjects, even super-macro.

This system breaks down for travel and can be used as a standard flash underwater with a twist of the locking system. I used this system with 3 Z-240's, one on each side for normal lighting and the 3rd with the snoot sitting center on a mount that allowed me to simply tilt the optical snoots forward for special lighting and than out of the way for regular fill flash (see photo below).

If I needed a lot of light for wide angle work, I could easily twist the outer hub of the unit with the fiber cables off, clip them to my BCD and use the Z-240 snoot flash fr added fill. You could do the same with two strobes or even a single strobe set-up if you wanted to shoot regular fill flash and have a snoot when you needed it. It simply pushes onto the rear part attached to the flash and locks in place with a twist.

Having a modeling light telling you where your light is going to fall from your flashes makes it an enjoyable experience.

larger optical cables are used to transmit more light efficiently. I could get good exposures at f32 if need be, but usually shot at about f11 the sweet spot.

The optical cables simply screw onto the the front faceplate. The rear section attached with the same screws you use with your Inon diffusers (they're attached with a c-clip, like the Inon diffusers, so you don't have to worry about losing them).

I'm selling because I'm paring my system down for a more compact travel system.

Save your money and get a better snoot system at less than than half the price of a Reefnet 2 cable system.

Snoot housing and 3 optical cables for $275

THe Z-240 is strictly for demo purposes and does not come with the snoot. The long mount rod which I use for the tilt system is included.

Shipping $12.35 for USPS falt rate to anywhere in the US.

PM me and/or send an email to mcolleypublic@gmail.com

Happy diving,

Marshall

Attachments

• _DSC0040.jpg
    _DSC0040.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 142
  • P7110037.jpg
    P7110037.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 126
  • P7110039.jpg
    P7110039.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 115
  • P7110061.jpg
    P7110061.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 120
NEW PRICE!

$175 for everything!

Marshall

I don't currently own a z240, but do you have any example photo's from this snoot system ?

i have the z240's and would love to see some shots with the snoot

I'll have to dig through my archives when I get the chance. Too busy right now, but will try to come up with something.

Marshall

Here's a few photos I dug up using this snoot:

Snoot 1.jpgSnoot 2.jpgSnoot 3.jpg

It's a really nice snoot with the focus/modeling optics cable. I can't imagine using one without it. I'm only selling because I need to trim my system down for traveling. This one does break down easy enough, but I'm jettisoning many things I don't use that often.

You can still remove the front optic cable mount underwater with a twist and use the Z-240 as a standard flash.
It's a nice set-up at a fraction of the cost.

First $175 gets it.

Marshall

SOLD!

Thanks SB

---------- Post added September 27th, 2014 at 09:16 PM ----------

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom