Diving in Italy--Amalfi Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wandernsoul

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to Italy for early May, open itinerary from Naples south along the Amalfi coast for a week or so. I hadn't planned on any diving but stumbled on a dive shop in Positano. Anyone from the area, or done any diving there? Is the Blue Grotto not to be missed? What would the water temp be in early May?
I appreciate any info.
Beck

wandernsoul:
I'm planning a trip to Italy for early May, open itinerary from Naples south along the Amalfi coast for a week or so. I hadn't planned on any diving but stumbled on a dive shop in Positano. Anyone from the area, or done any diving there? Is the Blue Grotto not to be missed? What would the water temp be in early May?
I appreciate any info.
Beck

Hi buddy!
I didn't visit that part of our coast. Do you speak italian?
ciao

i went 3yrs ago. dove from a beach just south of sorrento. the bottom is rocky and not as covered with plants as a reef. also, i was surprised how little fish there was. but the following morning at sunset i noticed small fishing boats netting about 50ft from the beach, so it all made sense. the boat ride out to the site was the best part to be honest. we ran along the coast and went past small villages and numerous ruins. it was beautiful and i took some of my best pictures of the country from the dive boat. so, IMHO, the diving is average but getting out on the water is amazing. do it just for that and no matter how the dive goes you'll be glad you went.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom