Dive Site directions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpd_84

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Planning a trip to Beaver lake in Arkansas in a few weeks... I know there are several 'dive sites' out there. I was wondering if anyone knew some approximate locations and depths (and may be directions from shore) of some the 'attractions'.

I have heard there is a boat, a plane fusel lodge, and some statues to see down there; but, I have no clue where to start looking.

Also, am I the only one who would like this kind of info about dive sites??? May be there is a web site for this. If you know of one please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help!

dpd_84,
You'll probably get a better response if you post this in the Central United States->Midwest Regional forum. That said, I live near Beaver Lake and can tell you that there are 3 main locations that have underwater attractions. They are:
- Dam Site North Park (shore diving)
- Indian Creek Day Use Area (shore diving)
- The Foundations/Copter Cove (boat diving)
Of the 3, Dam Site North Park is the most popular. There is stuff (cars, boats, statues, etc.) scattered all between the depths from 20' to 120'. Avonthediver on here has a pretty decent sketch he drew up showing some of the underwater attractions there. Search through some of his posts on here as he has posted it before or send him a PM. He is a nice guy and I am sure he wouldn't mind sharing it with you.

The Indian Creek Day Use Area is more of a training site. There are some sunken boats, Christmas trees, and an underwater garden. I think all of this is in water shallower than 50'.

I am the least familiar with the Foundations area and Copter Cove. I know this site is accessible by boat only. There is some old foundations that is in shallow water under 20'. Then there is a line that runs down to a bus and some other underwater attractions including a helicopter. I'm not sure what the depths on these are.

Hope this helps out a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom