Solo Wreck Dive Video Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Yesterday's solo wreck dive off Palm Beach. I pretty much just let the head camera run for most of the dive, skipped through a lot of the boring ascent. GoPro 3 with no filter..

I was hunting for grouper and found none. Max depth is around 225 ft on this wreck, but I tried to stay off the bottom since this was the second dive of the morning.

Visibility was maybe 70 feet and the top current was running over 2 kts and the bottom was cold and had very little current with a 20 degree plus temperature drop at depth. Chilly with a 1.5 mm suit on bottom.:cold:

[video=youtube_share;nn-Zi1XeFhU]http://youtu.be/nn-Zi1XeFhU[/video]

Last edited:
Dude... doing a 225ft dive with a 19cf pony?! It's hard to tell from the video, but it doesn't look like you're properly outfitted for that dive. Did you have doubles or just a back-mounted pony?

Yesterday's solo wreck dive off Palm Beach. I pretty much just let the head camera run for most of the dive, skipped through a lot of the boring ascent. GoPro 3 with no filter..

I was hunting for grouper and found none. Max depth is around 225 ft on this wreck, but I tried to stay off the bottom since this was the second dive of the morning.

Visibility was maybe 70 feet and the top current was running over 2 kts and the bottom was cold and had very little current with a 20 degree plus temperature drop at depth. Chilly with a 1.5 mm suit on bottom.:cold:

[video=youtube_share;nn-Zi1XeFhU]http://youtu.be/nn-Zi1XeFhU[/video]

DD,
Thanks for sharing....this is a wreck I have not been on, so I pretty much was compelled to watch the whole video....though I do think you could have edited a little more out :)
Looks like a nice spot.

So solo..deep air...and 80/20 :)
It's a style, known fondly as Dumpster Diving :)
( not a slam...I enjoyed this, and am well aware a diver that is a natural ( as are many spearsherman) , can go way off the reservation of what we call DIR, and still remain healthy and live a long diving life :) )

Yeah I kinda just felt like letting the video run so you could see what the dive was like. I've only done it a handfull of times and never when conditions were so accommodative. It will be good for me to review before I dive it again, but I normally don't dive that deep.

Little bit o' champagne bubbling there behind you from o rings.

great viz

nice wreck.....what's the name?

thanks for sharing

The wreck name is in the title of the video.. Korimu

Forgetting everything else, why in the world would you dive solo deep with yoke attachments on your regulators? Even the big shot deep air guys from the 90's got rid of their yoke attachments and used DIN.

Forgetting everything else, why in the world would you dive solo deep with yoke attachments on your regulators? Even the big shot deep air guys from the 90's got rid of their yoke attachments and used DIN.
I guess you missed the part where he was chumming :)

Dumpster,
Any airbreak or you went through the whole 80% continuosly?
Nice vídeo, gerat ending with the jellyfish!

Back
Top Bottom