neck seal replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
i have a Bare nex gen drysuit, almost time to replace the neck seal
is there anyone local that can do this
i live in the peterboro oshawa area
i'd rather not ship it back to BC if i don't have to
thanks

from what ive heard cds is not really in business anymore so dont waste the trip
if you find something please let me know because im also in need of so suit repairs

You could give Dean at the Dive academy a call. He has a line on local repairs (I just dropped a suite there for seals and zipper).
(905) 847-9595

Just a thought, but have you looked into having a Si-Teck Nectite system installed so you can swap the seal in the field yourself? If you use drygloves most likely the only torn seal that will stop a dive is the neck seal. Plus then you can use a silicon neck seal for comfort.

just found out that the shop in oshawa replaces latex seal .. perfect
thanks for the suggestions

from what ive heard cds is not really in business anymore so dont waste the trip
if you find something please let me know because im also in need of so suit repairs
just talked to scott at cds hes open just reduced hours ................

Just a thought, but have you looked into having a Si-Teck Nectite system installed so you can swap the seal in the field yourself? If you use drygloves most likely the only torn seal that will stop a dive is the neck seal. Plus then you can use a silicon neck seal for comfort.

+1 on the Si-Teck neck seal. I had one put on my Nex-Gen and it is more comfortable than latex and if poo happens, the dive isn't necessarily lost

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom