barrie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Home. Also on FB. We're out most Wednesday nights at the Mo'.

Cheers,

Matt

So I guess it boils down to this ... I need a dive buddy any one ?

I do not get that way often but could work something out for late October or November. A couple of friends are planing on diving the Waome in Lake Muskoka with fullytek charters on the 28th (Advanced required by charter). I am sure they would welcome you.
Are you open to driving? What is your skill level? We are diving the St Clair River diving on the 14th (Sarnia area). It has areas that would accommodate an open water diver but much of that area I would label it as Advanced due to the strong current, risk of buddy separation is high.
Teaching OW class in the local quarry on 20-21. Heading to the St Lawrence with advanced class the weekend of 27-28
Diving either the St Clair or Niagara river on October 5th.
Could plan for the Barrie area on October 12th if that works for you let me know.

The 3 of us might be up for the Niagara river for Oct5, we were going to go with a LDS but the 14th is a no go... :( Did the dive a few weeks back and had a blast!!

ps- got a truck too!!

The 3 of us might be up for the Niagara river for Oct5, we were going to go with a LDS but the 14th is a no go... :( Did the dive a few weeks back and had a blast!!

ps- got a truck too!!

If you are wanting to dive that day Niagara it is. I got truck too!!
Did you want to dive any particular section of the river?? I usually plan 2 dives with the exit of the first being the entrance to the second.

Dammit..... My son is joining the air cadets and I forgot they have to show up for 2 weekend days a month. Of course he has to go on the 5th...

Last edited:
Dammit..... My son is joining the air cadets and I forgot they have to show up for 2 weekend days a month. Of course he has to go on the 5th...

No problem there are still lots of weekends this year to go diving. Perhaps some Sunday in November for the Niagara?

I do not get that way often but could work something out for late October or November. A couple of friends are planing on diving the Waome in Lake Muskoka with fullytek charters on the 28th (Advanced required by charter). I am sure they would welcome you.
Are you open to driving? What is your skill level? We are diving the St Clair River diving on the 14th (Sarnia area). It has areas that would accommodate an open water diver but much of that area I would label it as Advanced due to the strong current, risk of buddy separation is high.
Teaching OW class in the local quarry on 20-21. Heading to the St Lawrence with advanced class the weekend of 27-28
Diving either the St Clair or Niagara river on October 5th.
Could plan for the Barrie area on October 12th if that works for you let me know.
So to start I'm open water cert but I've got about 40+ dives (I didn't have a log book for a while so not that many logged ) I used to dive with mostly gue divers I've dived the niagara 2 , the king??, and one other in tobermory I've done a few deep dives 100' plus I've been certified since 2010 I haven't dove for a year because of an eye injury but it's all good now. I was going to keep training with gue but just can't seem to line up schedules so now I'm thinking Aow course locally will do for now. I do drive and I have no problem driving a distance. But I'm more or less just looking for something low key and local to get back in the swing of things

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom