Coco View & Beer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kcmiller10

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First trip to Roatan.....

Does the Coco View gift shop sell American beer? I see that they sell beer at the bar (but I can't find any mention of American beers), but wanted a reserve stock for the mini fridge.

Or will they let you stop by a liquor store on the way from the airport on the shuttle? Not a big liquor fan so buying duty free doesn't look like it's going to work for beer.

Two words

Salva Vida

2Q==

I think they have bud at the bar now. But why would you want it when you can drink the local brew Cheeper than Pepsi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salva Vida comes in two "types" Brown bottle - dark Green Bottle - light

I have found that on occasion that beer tastes like soap.
Wondered if it was an unclean bottle.

Lovely, I guess I'll be popping aspirin every night as bud gives me a major headache.

I doubt the shuttle stops. It's a short cab ride to French Harbor where several of the larger food stores are also. Popular Grocery Stores on Roatan Island Plaza Mar looks like about the best option - there's links at the bottom of this page.

---------- Post added August 18th, 2014 at 03:50 PM ----------

as bud gives me a major headache
Me too, a bartender once told me it's due to the fusil (sp?) alcohol they use. No idea if he knew what he was talking about. I can't drink Michelob either.

I doubt the shuttle stops. It's a short cab ride to French Harbor where several of the larger food stores are also. Popular Grocery Stores on Roatan Island Plaza Mar looks like about the best option - there's links at the bottom of this page.

---------- Post added August 18th, 2014 at 03:50 PM ----------

Me too, a bartender once told me it's due to the fusil (sp?) alcohol they use. No idea if he knew what he was talking about. I can't drink Michelob either.

Yeah I have heard it's because Bud uses Rice in their fermentation, but who knows...I just want to have access to stuff I'm familiar with drinking so I know how much I can drink without the risk of being hung. Has never been an issue in other places that we have gone (ie, Bonaire, Mexico, etc.).

So do you know how difficult is it to get off of the "Coco View" island to catch a cab?

So do you know how difficult is it to get off of the "Coco View" island to catch a cab?

Simple enough, I guess.

Why not just give one of the DMs $10 or $20 to go shopping for you? You'd come out even vs cab fares and not waste dive/vacay time.

There is a real-deal supermarket about a 6 minute ride West of CCV at the entrance to French Harbor.

Brown Bottle is Salva Vida (translates as "saliva vital", ergo ipsum ilk: "the spit of life")

Green Bottle is Port Royal, which translates to Royal Port.

It would surprise me if CCV didn't have "light" beer of some type, best bet would be to email them off the website. Unlike most of the rest of Honduras, they do respond to eMails.

Back
Top Bottom