Dive log App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roymiller

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a good dive log App that I can sync with my PC. I have looked at a few of them but really wanting to see what has worked for individuals here. Thanks for the help.

While I use a Mac I also have parrallels and have explored a few PC only options.

divinglog.de - works on any internet connected system, anywhere in the world (Mac, PC, Andriod, iPhone etc). Free and seems pretty good
Subsurface - works on any desktop system - free - pulls data from divinglog and has a few more advanced feature sets
Diving Log - PC only - $35 - Probably the most feature rich of the group
Diving Log - Mobile App - $varies - syncs with Diving Log PC (and Macdive but thinking you don't care about that) - on the go dive log creation with icloud backup (I don't have the andriod version so not sure how it syncs/back-up)
SB Logbook - Free - All internet enabled devices - haven't tried it out to be honest :eek:

Personally I am liking Diving log on mobile coupled to MacDive (so Diving log PC in your case), lets me use something small with the details are fresh then have a full featured companion for later if I really want to tweak things. I also keep a paper log. I'm sure the more experienced divers will chime in here, all I can say is expirement and find what works for you as most of the options are free or atleast have trials.

I second the vote for Dive Log 5.0. The author is constantly making this better. Its available for PC, IOS, android that all sync together. It is uber complete and you can make it log in any way you want. check it out here.

$58 US is a lot of money for a Dive Log app.

I can certainly understand that sentiment. I can also tell you after using it for more than ten years (since 3.0), it has been a very worthwhile investment. It is the most complete, customizable dive log program imaginable. I have logged 800 dives and I can describe a site I visited years ago and find it in about 30 seconds. I'll know my weighting, conditions. I can even see conditions at the same site over years if I want. Well worth the expense.

Try them out, see what you like. I've used several (and am the maintainer of Subsurface). They have different strength and weaknesses. All depends on what you want and need (and which OS and which dive computer you have)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom