Dive Computer & Casio?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Falconer7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, new soon-to-be diver here! Does anyone wear a regular watch with their dive computers when diving? I use a Mares Puck Wrist Computer but also have a Casio SGW100-1V which goes 200m and has a digital compass along with a countdown timer, alarm and stopwatch. Does anyone else wear a regular watch while diving?soon-to-be

Last edited:
YES. Amazingly, I too wear both the Mares Puck and a regular $25 CASIO watch (rated to 300' I think) on my right wrist. I usually dive square profiles from charters, observe both things, and know my Air tables by heart. For my shallow shore dives to 30' or maybe a bit deeper, watch only--no need for the computer (one less thing to wash or bust).

My primary instrument is my Citizen Ecodrive Promaster until I turn my cave dive. Once I turn, my primary instrument is my Uwatec Tec2G two gas computer. Plus as another backup a set of USN Tables. No battery to fail there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter what computer you carry it is always prudent to carry a back up time keeping device as well as to at least review dive tables prior to diving to have an idea of acceptable bottom times for your dive. That way in the event of a computer failure you can still maintain NDL.

Thanks for the feedback guys! So I guess an altimeter on the casio isn't that important just the bottom timer?

I still wear a 25 year old Tag, used that with tables until 1996 when I bought my first computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom