Using an EON dive console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatD1ver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This might be better in the vintage category, but I have a question about using this console. It's an imperial console, I personally perfer to have metric, but since it's not able to be set that way, I'll live.

The question is that the console is the only measuring device for my tank pressure. The depth, NDL, and other functions I can duplicate on my watch, but tank pressure is strictly on the console.

Now, this isn't any different in practice than most regular dive consoles that have a depth gauage and a pressure guage. If you lose your pressure readings or it sticks, you surface. I suppose that is my plan with the console.

It works great, I used it at Catalina and everything was great. Going to the Philippines in 10 days, and I'm just wondering if I hadn't ought put a analog guage on the other HP fitting as a back up.

Thoughts? trust my gear? or give up and replace something that's working today, and I'm just being over skeptical.

I agree.

Your Eon is probably the most reliable piece Suunto or any other company ever produced . Trust it , I still use mine after 19 years ....

Back
Top Bottom