Bring the heat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sushi Boy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If you're not on our September Flower Gardens trip, here's something else you can do on Sep 13th - The Dive Pirates annual Cutthroat Chili Cook-off and Underwater Scavenger Hunt at the Blue Lagoon. :cool2:

For those interested in participating in the chili cookoff, set up, tailgate prep runs from 8:00 a.m. - noon.

The Underwater Scavenger Hunt is from 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. There are some great prizes, btw. We took home some pretty nice stuff last year.

Starting at 12:30 p.m., those of us not cooking get to enjoy feasting on chili and voting for our favorites. Scavenger prizes and chili awards follow that.

Fees for the chili cookoff and scavenger hunt are paid directly to the Dive Pirates and can be found and paid here.
(Please note, this doesn't include entry to the Blue Lagoon, which will be paid on-site upon arrival.)

This is always a heck of a lot of fun. It's a great way to get some leisurely (and possibly profitable!) diving in, taste a bunch of great chili, maybe win some prizes, hang out with your diving buds, all while supporting a great cause. (If you don't know what the Dive Pirates do, you can find that out here.)

CHUM will be cooking a batch of chili. You're more than welcome to hang out with us, but it'd also be great to have some chili cooking competitors. Can you bring the heat? :fire:

Just a reminder, this is coming up on Saturday. Should be a lot of fun, come join in!

Had a great time meeting all the Chummers at the Chili competition. You guys are a lot of fun!

Regards,
Chip "Not Kurtis"
Reef Rats SSC

Great meeting you too "Not Kurtis"! We were definitely on the cool kids side of the parking lot. :cool2:

Had a great time meeting all the Chummers at the Chili competition. You guys are a lot of fun!

It was great to meet you too - come join us at a meeting sometime...you should see us when we've been drinking! :wink:

It was great to meet you too - come join us at a meeting sometime...you should see us when we've been drinking! :wink:

You mean that was how you guys act when you're SOBER??? Now this I've gotta see!
I'll be there Thursday night. I'll even try to convince Kurtis "The Shark Whisperer" to come along. I'll tell him to bring chapstick.

...and I just upgraded to "Tiger Shark." Thanks for all the laughs!

---Chip "Not Kurtis" Batten

no worries...we meet every month - and let us not forget our annual party coming up at St. Arnold's. Christmas will be here before you know it! :santa3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom