Neck "bio seal" for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a continuing problem with getting "hangman's neck" from my drysuit. I have tried various lubricants, and no, the seal is not too tight. I have resisted going to a silicone neck seal because ... I can't recall why at the moment -- they tear too easily?

Anyway, I recently tried "bio seal" which worked GREAT! But apparently it causes some early wear on the latex seal. Even the product information says so:

This product does contain oils which can cause early wear in latex type seals. Cleaning the neck seal of your suit thoroughly after each use can help delay this effect.
I was wondering what people's experiences with this product have been. Specifically, how fast would it swear the latex seal?

Here is a link on DRIS:

Apollo Bio Seal Neck Seal | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

Thanks,

Bill

It all depends on age of the latex and the amount of dives. I would seriously look @ silicone. My buddy dives silicone and never looked back. silicone IMO tears less easy than latex.

Did you try bag balm? It's petroleum based so it degrades the seal, but it works for me and it's a lot cheaper than a bio-seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom