SEI collaborates with YMCA of the USA to service YScuba divers with replacement cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Educators Intl

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Effective August 31, 2014, YMCA of the USA (Y-USA) no longer replaces lost or damaged Y-SCUBA certification cards. Y-USA does not support any part of the former Y-SCUBA program but recognizes that some divers who achieved a lifetime SCUBA certification may require a replacement diver certification card. Y-USA had previously discontinued the SCUBA diver certification program as of December 31, 2008.

Y-SCUBA divers in need of a replacement diver certification card may contact Scuba Educators International (SEI). SEI can offer certification verification to many, but not all, Y-SCUBA divers who were originally certified by the Y-SCUBA program between 1984-2008. Y-SCUBA divers can obtain an SEI replacement certification card. For divers holding a Y-SCUBA card issued prior to 1984, it is recommended to take a copy, scan or photo of it (both front and back) in the event the original is lost and a replacement card is desired or replace it before you lose it.

If an original Y-SCUBA certification cannot be validated by SEI, they offer courses to achieve a new SEI certification. Any diver needing to replace a lost or damaged Y-SCUBA certification card with an SEI certification card should contact SEI by phone, (765) 281-0600, by email at info@seidiving.org or online, at www.seidiving.org.

Thank you for posting this. My card is one of the old laminated card-stock ones. It shows it wear, and I am always nervous about something happening to it. It went missing for a few years, but gladly was re-discovered.

Additional benefits for obtaining a replacement card:
- you will be added to the certification database for easier and faster verification
and
- it will speed up the replacement card turn around time for future replacement card needs

Thank you for posting this. My card is one of the old laminated card-stock ones. It shows it wear, and I am always nervous about something happening to it. It went missing for a few years, but gladly was re-discovered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom