Roatan, Foster's West Bay Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

possumdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be joining my parents on a trip we booked to Roatan May 7-15 of '04. It's our first trip to Honduras, and we are excited. We will be at Foster's West Bay, since we let non-diver Mom pick (and we are an independent bunch). I would like to hear if anyone has any first hand experience at Foster's West Bay, and any recommendations on dive operators that would be convenient. I am sure we will have a great time, but I have not come across any first hand postings on Foster's, other than the bar experience. Though I have logged less than ten dives, my Dad has been diving for 30+ years. We would prefer as small a group size on a boat as possible. Any other advice on West Bay would be appreciated.

Fosters is right on the beach and is a nice place. It is basic but comfortable. There is a good restaurant on the premisis. The beach is very lovely. There are lots of dive shops to choose from in West End. This does however bring up the problem of getting to and from the Beach to the village of West End. The West End dive operations are less expensive. As far as operators right on West Bay beach...try Bananrama. I was very pleased with them the one time I used them. They all dive the same sites. You will enjoy Roatan. Just got back last week and Im already planning a trip this summer.Enjoy!

Just got back from Roatan last night- it was great as usual, although the weather was not as nice at it can be in March. We dove with Native Sons in West End. My husband and I can't say enough nice things about them- small groups, nice boats, great staff and flexibility on dive sites. Prices are very reasonable and they have an area to store your equiptment so you don't have to lug it back and forth. They did boat pick ups from Mermaid Beach Cabins dock, so you can probably arrainge something with them. They also included equiptment rental for no extra charge. We go to Roatan at least twice a year and plan to dive with them again. I'm sure you will enjoy your time on the island!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom