ATM availability in Sabang Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bill_oregon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone give an update on the ATM situation in Sabang Beach?
Thanks in advance. Bill

There was one at my resort (El Galleon) so I didn't look elsewhere. I'd imagine there to be plenty of others

We were at El Galleon in May and the ATM was not working. The front desk told me that it worked sporadically.

We stopped at a bank ATM in Batangas prior to the channel crossing - where under the watchful eyes of two guards (one with a 12 gauge and the other an AR15) we withdrew cash for our stay at a low/rate/fee transaction.

There were other ATMs in Sabang - I don't know if they were working or not - most looked dicey. We had good luck with bank ATMs in the Philippines.

plenty of others for sure not , never found a working atm in Sabang in 9 years , so bring cash or pay with credit card
Frank

There's a street that leads up the hill from sabang beach that has a bank at the top (1km) but the bank was closed every day I was there for my entire 14 day stay in March. I had to take a trike to the town of Puerto Galera to use the bank machine.

Well that's interesting! The one at EG worked when I used it which I think was only once as I took plenty of cash with me.

Hey folks, thanks for the input.

I stayed at the El Galleon in February of 2013 and there was no ATM back then. I was able to walk into town and then up the hill a bit to the bank where the ATM was working back then.

On a trip in April of this year, that same ATM was down. For some reason, I was under the impression that this was the only ATM in Sabang. I'm going to take Franks advice and have some cash and use a credit card.

Again, thanks for your replies.

Bill

If you hitch a motorcycle ride with one of the boys offering taxi service, you can visit 3 to 4 ATMs up the hill a good 15 mins ride away. I think I paid 100 peso for the ride can't remember exactly.

Sent from MiPad

That's good info. Thanks Pearlman.

Bill

It looks like my debit card got skimmed in one of the ATM's at Sabang. I recall visiting all the ATMs one night as none were working, most of the ATM machines were totally unprotected unguarded.

I had two fraudulent withdrawals last month and lost about USD 800. The Bank is investigating the fraud complaint. The location of the cash withdrawal is logged as some mysterious name called Guglielmo. Never heard of such a place in PP. Unless my details were auctioned on the net to be used elsewhere. Wonder how they got the pin though.

There is also a time gap of more than 3 months between my use and the fraud. The debit card is my backup and always in the cupboard so it couldn't have been anywhere else. This one happened to be magnetic strip based hence vulnerable. The other one was chip based and I guess that saved me.

Sent from MiPad
(No more rotten Apples...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom