Hollis Backplate, harness, & DSS T26 wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVT_Tactical

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
purchased all this recently to try the BP/W setup, decided I like it but need a little larger wing and got a nicer harness on its way being most of my dives are without a wetsuit and this harness is a little rough on my bare skin. I am 6'7" 285# and it fits me with plenty of room. To my knowledge the harness is uncut, I've got no knowledge on them other than this one and it was sold to me as uncut. I had a couple tank straps that I was using I'll include as well (mixed match). They were large enough to hold LP95's (8" thanks)

Hollis aluminum backplate
uncut(?) harness, SS D-rings (4), and SS buckle
Deep Sea Supply T26 Single Wing

Bpw1.jpgBpw2.jpgBpw3.jpg

$350 shipped (OBO)

Why are you selling the whole thing if you just need a bigger wing?
You do know the system is modular right? You can take apart the plate, harness, and wing.

Also without a wetsuit, you need more than 26lbs of lift?

In anycase would you be willing to split it up? How much for the plate itself (or with harness)?

Yes I know. Being 6'7" I am opting for the extended larger backplate from DSS that should fit better and be more comfortable. 26 is fine now, however I'm planning on switching to doubles and am planning ahead so to speak.

---------- Post added September 10th, 2014 at 07:35 PM ----------

don't really want to split up right now. Rather sell as one unit as shipping will be easier

Gotcha, just didn't want you to part with something that you'd be replacing with the "same thing".

Thanks for the update.

Just another thought - are you wanting to dual purpose the wing for singles and doubles? Many of the "rec" wing styles (I had the DR rec wing, 45 lb lift) tend to taco pretty badly with singles, and aren't quite enough to use with steel doubles. Maybe it'll work if you're only diving warm water and 80's though. Just a thought that it might be worth keeping the smaller wing for singles diving. That's the route i went, and now have a BPW setup for each... AL plates and webbing are cheap enough its easy to have a separate for the dubs setup....

just a thought, but GL with the sale otherwise! the DSS wings are great from what i've read.

I am going to separate -

Wing- $200 shipped
BP with harness and mixed tank straps - $100 Shipped

---------- Post added September 19th, 2014 at 10:21 PM ----------

Wing sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom