Custom wrist mount for Veo 3.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone,

I have two questions. First I would like to know if anyone else had issues with the veo 3.0 wrist mount? I bought mine from oceanic because I really prefer wrist mounted computers. However when I wear it the pins do not seem to hold onto the actual mount well and one time if fell off in a current and I was lucky to find it at the bottom of the Atlantic on the second dive of the day.

That is my problem and I have been thinking of trying to make a custom wrist mount using the same computer mount and bungee straps instead of the bad watch like straps. I'm not sure that the plastic/rubber would be ok to drill into and then hold the bungee and not break. Does anyone have experience drilling or knowledge about whether or not this would hold?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Somebody on this board did exactly what you're describing and posted pics... now, just to remember who it was. LOL

I tried to search for it earlier but couldnt find anything. Ill look more

Drilled? I found one that said hot nails but I was leaning toward a drill as well. Does yours show any sign of ripping? It seems fairly sturdy so I would like to think it would last

No sign of ripping...just give yourself enough room away from the edges when making the holes. Pulling the bungee through was the hardest part.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh thanks. Which way did you drill yours? From the side or the bottom? Could you possibly post a pic?

uploadfromtaptalk1411523897972.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411523935282.jpg

Yours is a bit different but I think it will work. Thanks!

You're welcome...good luck.

Back
Top Bottom