New Aquatica housing for the Nikon CP-995

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
New Aquatica housing for the Nikon CP-995
I Just got some info on Aquaticas new housing for the CP-995. It is an aluminum housing and is supposed to be cheaper than the Tetra and Ikelite housings. The info came to me in a flyer sent by Mauricio Handler. He is a photographer and Aquatica dealer in the BVI. The flyer is in Spanish, and even though my Spanish is quite rusty, I was able to decipher most of the limited info. The housing takes advantage of the 995's swivel body and positions the lens 45 deg. off axis from the view screen. This should make for easy UW viewing, kind of like the much-touted Seacam 45 deg. viewfinder. It will have the normal Nikon synch connectors. The flyer mentions two UW detachable external lenses, a wide angle and a macro lens. Mauricio said he is going to be testing this housing this week, so more info is to come. If anyone is interested in seeing the flyer let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. It's a fairly large Jpeg file. Mauricio also said that Aquatica is working on a housing for the new CP-500. Looks like things may be looking up for Aquatica. If anyone wants to contact Mauricio for info:

Mauricio Handler/commercial marine photographer, ASMP-UW, VIPPA, BVIHA
PO Box 11156 St.Thomas, USVI 00801 (postal only)
Tortola, British Virgin Islands (office/residence)
Tel/Fax: (284) 494-0340
mauricio@handlerphoto.com www.handlerphoto.com

Dive Safe,
Rooster

I'd like to see that flyer. E-mail it to gvdiver@attbi.com.

Mauricio is into his toys. He's got that housing for his Mamiya 67. He says it works well, but didn't show me any images.

Spoke to Blake at Aquatic Visions yesterday. He says their site will be updated shortly. Maybe they will have this new stuff on it.

here is the flyer I recieved

fe0edff3.jpg

And here is the translation. I can't take credit for the translation, it came from Laz217 on the wetpixel board:

For all those interested in knowing what the text from the above graphics states. Here's my Spanish translation of the :

"The Aquatica 995 permits the full control and manuverability of all the functions of the Nikon 995. Its 45 degree angle makes it totally ergonomic underwater. Both the wide angle and macro lens are removable underwater, making it possible to be prepared for the best possible photograph. One of the most important characteristics of this new case is that the lenses and the flash can be attached and removed underwater. Fabricated from aluminum and, like all Aquatica products, all the controls are double sealed."

Rooster

Back
Top Bottom