Problem with datamask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MiggyATX

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Trying to get a PSI reading from my tank my data mask. All it does is flash 000. Tried replacing batteries in the transmitter and no luck. I can get a code from the datamask, not sure what else to do...

New mask, new transmitter bought from leisure pro. Both have never been wet.

Thanks.

Updated -
Trouble shooting steps tried - unsuccessfully
Replace battery in transmitter
Turn off air with mask on/off and at various lengths away from transmitter

Solution - Provided by Oceanic tech support.

Remove battery cover on transmitter with quarter.
Remove battery.
Take paper clip and bend into a vaguely tweezer like shape.
Gently insert paper clip into transmitter and touch bottom and side battery connections at the same time for a just a half second.
Replace battery (recommend replace o-ring and use lube if on a used mask).
Replace battery cover on transmitter with quarter.
Install reg with attached transmitter on tank.
Turn on DataMask.
Pressurize tank.
Ensure DataMask is reading correct PSI.
Purge 2nd stage slowly and ensure PSI is read at various values. You can double check with a secondary CPU if you want.
Rejoice.
Place quarter and paperclip in your "Save the Dive" kit.

Last edited:
Have you turned on the air? The transmitter does not turn on unless you have the reg on the tank and the air turned on (valve opened). I usually make sure the mask is beside the transmitter when I turn the air on. Make sure the number in the display on the mask matches the number on the transmitter.

Trying to get a PSI reading from my tank my data mask. All it does is flash 000. Tried replacing batteries in the transmitter and no luck. I can get a code from the datamask, not sure what else to do...

New mask, new transmitter bought from leisure pro. Both have never been wet.

Thanks.

Yep, numbers match and air is on...

the psi reading is flashing, and there is a little wifi symbol that is flashing as well

Other than that I don't know what else to try. I have never had any problems with mine. Good Luck.

Try posting in the Oceanic forum. Or click on the report post button and have a moderator move it for you.

Feel free to contact us and we can help troubleshoot it or replace it if it's a defective unit. YOU can email me at nickb@leisurepro.com, but since I'm not actually in the store and/or intimately familiar with this mask/computer, it may be a little quicker to email custserv@leisurepro.com.

Enjoy the Datamask. I know I really really really like mine. Oh, and thanks for the tip. I hope I never have to use it but it will be awesome to know if the need arises.

Back
Top Bottom