Need transit hotel for one night stay in Male at beginning of trip on liveaboard and

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Potentially again after the trip is over, so as to coordinate trip with flights.

Further, has anyone suggestions and ways to meet my dive group for the ship other than going back to the airport for the pickup? Thanks.

Stayed at hotel octave on a similar flight schedule as you. Nice place with breakfast... And they did pick me up from the airport and back to the airport the next day.

As for meeting the boat the next day... Meet at a designated spot. The arrival gate... The Burger King.. Send them a mushot should help matters but most important is the time.

Depends on your budget. Hulhule hotel is best and most convenient if you can afford it. Traders on Male is convenient but a bit pricey. Hotel Octave is nice and low cost but a little less convenient as it is a short taxi ride into the city.

Thanks! I'd been looking at Octave when it occurred to me to come to Scubaboard and ask. :)

Now I'll go look up Hulhule and Traders.

OK, just looked up the last two. I'm just looking for a clean and comfortable place to sleep, perhaps eat for a reasonable price because i can't get my flight times to line up, well, that is unless I pay through the nose. Since I'm not doing that for my flights, not looking to do it in the chosen hotel either.

Shall I continue to search or is Octave the place for me?

our full boat charter group all stayed @ the hulhule hotel, very convenient and super close to the airport and liveaboard dock(recommended by the liveaboard company). food was good and the rooms were clean. zero complaints. a high % of their clientele are transiting to boats or offshore resorts via seaplane. I believe a few in our group even purchased day rooms with all amenities included,,,,

reefman
key largo

While I'm at it . . .

Has anyone tried to fly in the morning of their trip? I'll be flying out of Singapore.

Also, will be on my own so wondering if there's anything in Male for me to enjoy on my own or need i be careful about dress and being out and about?

Thanks!

Don't think I am answering your question but we stayed at Traders for a night and loved it before getting on the Agressor. After we disembarked we stayed at the airport island hotel for the day. It all worked fine for is but we were coming through Dubai.

Another vote for Hulhule - so close you can walk there...but they do run a free shuttle. Nice pool area if you have time to kill.

On my recent liveaboard in August we flew in the night before...definitely recommended to try and shake off the jet lag. Our particular trip departed late morning the next day and we were diving by that afternoon :). We also flew through Dubai - arrived Dubai in the early AM; did not get to Male until 3PM.

Back
Top Bottom