Prescription mask in Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all. Does anyone know where my wife could order bifocal lens for her Tusa Freedom Ceos mask in the Seattle area? She is interested in "readers", so she can see her gauges. Her distance vision is excellent. We visit Seattle in mid-December for about three weeks and it would be nice to drop her mask(s) for the lens. Tusa might even provide pre-ordered bifocal lens. Thanks, Charlie

I don't know of anyplace in the Seattle area that does the lenses themselves. We took our masks in to an optometrist who sent them off somewhere to get the lenses made and glued in. It takes about two weeks.

We found this outfit at the Tacoma Dive and Travel Expo 2 years ago.

Prescription Dive Masks
8801 1/2 La Mesa Blvd.
La Mesa, California

1-800-538-2878

Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.

They take your prescription and make a lens from it and then glue it to the inside of your mask. If you ever need to change out masks and the lens is still good you can send it back to them and they can remove it from your old mask and put into your new mask. I don't remember the turn around time though. I don't remember it being a long time probably about a week or so.

We found this outfit at the Tacoma Dive and Travel Expo 2 years ago.

Prescription Dive Masks
8801 1/2 La Mesa Blvd.
La Mesa, California

1-800-538-2878

They take your prescription and make a lens from it and then glue it to the inside of your mask. If you ever need to change out masks and the lens is still good you can send it back to them and they can remove it from your old mask and put into your new mask. I don't remember the turn around time though. I don't remember it being a long time probably about a week or so.

Thanks for the suggestion. We might send her two masks to Costa Mesa for prescription readers.

The lens are definitely stout. My wife and I use the Dive Optix plastic stick on version but that is because I am a cheapskate...:D... The problem with any stick on type lens like I am using is they can fall off if they get too wet (especially the glass lens') and they are small. I want to get some of their lens eventually. Let me know how they work out if you go that route.

I have also used Prescription Dive Masks
8801 1/2 La Mesa Blvd.
La Mesa, California

1-800-538-2878

I am located in Canada and they did a great job I purchased a Scuba Fusion with readers from them and I am going to send in my other mask (same as what I bought) and have them put the readers in this mask as well. The first one I purchased complete I had to get in a hurry!, my fault for dropping the ball and they got me what I needed in time (it did cost a little more but well worth it and like I said my own fault for not being more proactive!)

The lens are definitely stout. My wife and I use the Dive Optix plastic stick on version but that is because I am a cheapskate...:D... The problem with any stick on type lens like I am using is they can fall off if they get too wet (especially the glass lens') and they are small. I want to get some of their lens eventually. Let me know how they work out if you go that route.

I wonder we could purchase the plastic stick on readers in Singapore. At least for our next long dive trip, this would really help out. During our yearly trip to San Francisco and Seattle, we will send the mask(s) to Prescription Dive Masks. We will let you know how they work out. thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom