Maui Shore Diving with Shaka Doug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrylowe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back from a week in Maui. I loved the trip!

I got to do three shore dives with Shaka Doug. The first two dives had pretty low visibility due to southern swell. The waves from this were a surfer's dream, but killed shore diving. Over the next three days, the waves got bigger and Doug didn't dive for safety reasons. On our last dive, the waves and vis got much better. Doug has tons of experience on these dive sites and was easily able to pick out all kinds of creatures! Loved it!

We had a new diver with us on the second dive and he was VERY attentive to her. He takes his time getting ready and is meticulous about safety. Doug would rather not dive than risk a tricky shore entry due to rough surface conditions.

Shaka Doug enjoys teaching about the history of Hawaii and the sites that we dove. If you are into "dive-surface interval-dive, then he is not the right guide for you. If you want to enjoy the entire experience, then he is the perfect guide for you.

Doug has been around a long time, and almost invariably gets rave reviews.

I dove with him a few years back and had a great time. I was supposed to tag along with another group he was taking out, but they canceled so it was just the two of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom