New Product Seeks to Revolutionize Night Diving by Eliminating Glow Sticks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNewsWire

Contributor
Reaction score
UV PAQLITE (UV Pack Light) is pleased to announce, The Orb, a green alternative to one time use glow sticks for night dives. The Orb is a new environmentally friendly option to divers, it provides over 100 hours of continuous light, recharges by USB, and is its own back-up. The ingenious design combines LEDs, rechargeable batteries, and high performance glow-in-the-dark to create a light that competes directly with glow sticks.
Watch Video to Learn More (Click Here)
 Until now glow sticks were a necessary safety device despite being a menace to the environment. The Orb’s breakthrough technology allows dive leaders to easily locate group members with reliability while being environmentally friendly. The Orb can be used on both land and underwater. Place the Orb inside the Diver’s Case to take it to depths of 30m/100ft.
Recharging the Orb’s lithium ion 20 year battery is simple; just plug it into any USB port making it compatible with many charging devices such as solar rechargers, battery packs, power transformers, and adaptors (cable included).
Orb users have over 100 hours of continuous light per charge at their disposal so UV Paqlite encourages customers to take the Orb with them everywhere. Use it when sifting through gear bags on the boat, night diving anywhere in the world, and even if there is a power outage at the resort.
UV Paqlite introduced The Orb on Kickstarter, a crowd funding website, that allows businesses to raise supplemental funding for new projects. “Kickstarter is a great platform for small business’, like us. The funding we receive from this campaign allows us to reduce costs by ordering all the various components in bulk and the product more affordable.” Alexis Nagel – Owner of UV Paqlite.
The Orb, including the diver case, is now available on Kickstarter for just $37(includes shipping in the USA). UV Paqlite is also offering a 5 pack for $150 aimed at dive groups, shops, and resorts. The Orb, a revolutionary green light, is only available for pre-purchase until October 30, 2014 (click here). So now is the time to ditch the glow stick and glow green. 
About UV PAQLITE
UV PAQLITE is the combined initiative of Steve Nagel and Alexis Nagel. They are the manufacturers of the ScoobliteTM, a reusable glow stick, which is distributed worldwide by Innovative Scuba Concepts, INC.
CONTACT
UV PAQLITE Official Website: www.uvpaqlite.com
MuleLight Official Website: www.mulelight.com
Scooblite Official Website: www.scooblite.com 
Phone: 702-371-0246
Email: UVPAQLITE@gmail.com

JRyt4Q5cMJE

More...

I like it except that it has to burn as bright as the sun underwater every 2 minutes to reactivate it's 'glow', that is going to be seriously annoying.

We could eliminate the use of glow sticks just by simply eliminating the requirement for them. But, until that happens, a reusable light is definitely preferable.

Most dive ops here require glow sticks, unless it's a tech trip. I assume it's because it's easier for the Coast Guard to locate the dead bodies afterwards. :confused:

Would not buy one without checking it first. If it is too bright it is a pain underwater.

Also, is it buoyant? For a night dive you want it to Float up in back so folks can see it.

Most dive ops here require glow sticks, unless it's a tech trip. I assume it's because it's easier for the Coast Guard to locate the dead bodies afterwards. :confused:

Are marker lights not acceptable alternatives? Like this, for example: Eco Flare | Princeton Tec

I recall being taught to use a glow stick a long time ago, but I thought they are increasingly frowned upon and in some cases prohibited because they use environmentally unfriendly chemicals.

Depth on diving case of 100 feet is not deep enough IMO.....

Thanks OP------but I'm gunna stick(no pun intended) with my red plastic nite stick---turn to the left to turn on, turn to the right to turn off......one kinda like this one-----
INS-LT0015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom