O2 and CO analyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crass3000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm sure this has been debated or been over quite a few more than 1000 times but I am looking for the most up to date information as I'm sure new analyzers are coming out frequently. We are going to purchase a couple analyzers and want to get for our upcoming trip and the future.

In your opinion, what are the best CO and O2 analyzers out there these days. Let me know what you think but if you have any reasoning for your choice(s) that would be great too.
Thanks,
Mike

They are all pretty good, however not everyone makes both! I know Analox makes both and I have never had issues with their products.

I think that analox is the most common one for divers to carry. I went with a maxtec handi+. It was slightly cheaper, but I chose it over analox because of the way it connects to a tank. It uses your first stage LPI and doesn't let much gas escape. This way you don't have to worry about feathering the valve just right to get a proper reading. Also, you waste a little less gas. However, it is probably a negligible difference.

The maxtec does come with a little knub that you can press against a tank valve just like the analox but I don't use it.

Analox o2eii, maxtec handi+, and nitrox buddy are the only ones I've seen marketed to individual divers. Nitrox buddy is new, and if I remember right requires your cell phone for the display. Kind of seems like a bad idea to me unless you've got a waterproof phone (galaxy s5 is waterproof).

I do have an analox CO monitor that's about a year old. Last time I tried to use it, it wouldn't power on. Hopefully it's just a dead and replaceable battery.

Oxycheq makes both. As does c-squared. Both also make a helium analyzer if you're looking to expand into trimix in the future...

Get the Analox CO tester while you can. Also their O2 tester. I am very unimpressed with the Analox trimix analyzer, however. Divesoft and Trumix seem to work better and more reliably.

The Analox O2EII is the wide favorite for oxygen analyzers, and the Oxycheq Expedition CO analyzer is a solid choice for monitoring CO as well. The Oxycheq Expedition (or the El Cheapo kit) are both good O2 analyzers as well.

I have Oxycheq O2 and CO monitors on my compressor, and an Analox O2EII for checking cylinders.

Thanks all for the recommendations so far. Looks like the Analox O2EII will be purchased in the next few days.

Get the Analox CO tester while you can. Also their O2 tester. I am very unimpressed with the Analox trimix analyzer, however. Divesoft and Trumix seem to work better and more reliably.

I've seen people mention getting the Analox CO tester while I still can. After the date they have given as to when they will not produce the replacable sensor (2016?), what is the likelihood that another sensor will be available that will properly work with the CO tester? OR are most people just thinking that it's such a nice analyzer that if they have to replace it, there will be a nicer option out by then?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom