Dive Rite Hurricane and Beuchat VX200 Iceberg rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I own Dive Rite Hurricane and Beuchat VX200 Iceberg regulators and time had come to service my DR Hurricane.

I did quite a bit of research on net to confirm if both regulators are identical. After a lot searching I could not locate any definite info if they are same or not. So I bought Beuchat VX200 rebuilt kits (1st stage rebuilt kit 16544, 2nd stage rebuilt kit 16536) mainly because in my location it is easier to get hands on Beuchat rebuilt kits then DR ones.

Today can certainly report back that I rebuilt my DR Hurricane (DR3500) with rebuilt kit from Beuchat VX200 Iceberg. All parts I needed were in kit, so from parts perspective they are compatible. I would stress that it is important to follow instructions and clean all parts with ultrasound cleaner. Once all regulator parts are cleaned with ultrasound, it is a pleasure putting it all back together with new o-rings, seats etc!

I was surprised how dirty the ultrasound solution became from cleaning my 1st/2nd! For ultrasound solution I used 5% vinegar diluted with 50% of distilled water and heated to 50C. Rinsed only in distilled water.

Please would you have VX200 IceBerg or Hurricane DR3500 service manual to share? I am in desperate need in order to service my own reg

Back
Top Bottom