Northern Gulf of Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello Wreck divers.
Any one dive any wrecks off the FL. panhandle Or AL. Gulf Coast? I am also refering to artificial reef's:tree: :sunny:

Off Panama City I've dived Stage 1, Bridge Span 1, Accokeek, Libery Ship, Strength, Black Bart and Bridge rubble. Why do you ask?

DSSW,

WWW™

Gulf Shores,

Atlantis bridge debris twice, 3 mile barge, 3 teir Navy Tug, Piers and Flats, 10 mile barge, Statler Barge, and Roadway.

Tom

Walter. Just trying to see how much intrest there is out there in this area, a bit over looked some time.

Tom . Who do you dive with I work for Down Under some. Most of the sites you named are often excellent. What did you think about them?:tree: :sunny:

The Whiskey wreck, of course...
Sometimes a great dive - sometimes just sand.
Rick

I love diving up there, it's just hard to justify a 9 hour drive very often when I have great diving much closer. Having good dive buddies in Panama City makes it easier to justify.

DSSW,

WWW™

The Whiskey wreck, of course...
It is about covered up right now, there are 3 or 4 pieces sticking out of the sand, but a person can still get some flounder & sheepshead off her. Still not a bad dive for a beach dive. The next storm may uncover more than we've seen in the past , (who knows)

Originally posted by algulfdiver

It is about covered up right now, there are 3 or 4 pieces sticking out of the sand, but a person can still get some flounder & sheepshead off her. Still not a bad dive for a beach dive. The next storm may uncover more than we've seen in the past , (who knows)
Last time I dove her was right after a storm... the sand was scooped out more than 10 feet around her, big beams & ribs arching up into the water - tons of fish. It was just *fine*. That would have been four summers ago, I think.
Rick

Last time I dove her was right after a storm...
This past summer she was uncovered untill the big wind came through , when the shrimp fest got blowed away. (not even a herricane and we had 80mph winds.:bolt: :bolt:

Al,

All of my dives have been with Down Under. I have always enjoyed diving with them. I'm sad to hear the Whiskey Wreck is almost buried. I have always ment to swim out and dive it, but havn't made it yet. I also want to dive the army tanks sometime.

My family doesn't get out to Gulf Shores like we used to, but next time we go we will dive with Down Under again.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom