Andrea Doria Summer 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

techintime

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm with a technical dive club in the UAE (Coastal Technical Divers) and we are looking to book a trip in late July/early Aug of 2016. A web search shows the Sea Turtle but other than that the information seems fairly historical. Appreciate any help on identifying which charter operations still do trips to the Andrea Doria. Thanks.

Im thinking about running my boat there next summer......but the time consumed with planning that, mostly moving the boat from Cape May to Montauk.......helps me decide against it.

Ill probably stay home and hit the St Augustine and Carolina frequently instead.

There are several Charters as well as private boats that you can get hooked up with that stil hit the Doria. Most of their schedules will be out early next year.

I think the tempest will run there, and these guys have a nice boat and run a good operation. Ive not yet been on the boat but I have spoken with Tom and I have a lot of friends that have been out with them. East Coast Wreck Diving | Long Island Dive Boat Tempest | Freeport, NY

I'm not sure Tom has taken the Tempest out that way yet. But if you are seriously considering it, count me in. I'll help any way I can with the move.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

The Wahoo is now the Garloo, so, yes she is, in a manner of speaking.

I think Tom (tempest) was going to make some upgrades to the boat to make Doria trips possible for the 2015/2016 season.

But don't quote me on that since it was mentioned in a short conversation.

The Garloo and John Jack usually post this info and do one a year- I don't think the Sea Turtle has done the dive in the last three years. The Aqua Explorer doesn't hit the Doria (modern history), but Dan Berg has written about it....

The Tempest has a great skipper- and if he has outfitted the ship for the long haul accommodations for the Doria, he's a great hands-on diving skipper and instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom