G16 case zoom button and f stop button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwhkg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone experienced problems getting the zoom button to activate? on several dives the button wont activate the zoom, on some dives it will.

Also the fstop adjustment button seems to be so difficult to activate, so touchy

Has anyone experienced problems getting the zoom button to activate? on several dives the button wont activate the zoom, on some dives it will.

Also the fstop adjustment button seems to be so difficult to activate, so touchy

You can send your housing to the Ikelite Service Dept. to have all the controls checked and adjusted if necessary to assure proper operation. Turnaround time is approx. 2 weeks. Send to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn: Customer Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.,
Indpls., IN 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

not feasible to send back case from PH, in general controls for most functions don't work after 30-35 feet. It appears that the back cover of case is flexing too much under pressure. At 90 feet only the shutter button works and then not every time. very frustrating and disappointing as camera and case are less than 3 months old

not feasible to send back case from PH, in general controls for most functions don't work after 30-35 feet. It appears that the back cover of case is flexing too much under pressure. At 90 feet only the shutter button works and then not every time. very frustrating and disappointing as camera and case are less than 3 months old

If the housing malfunctions at depth, then you probably have a camera control becoming activated by water pressure and locking out the other camera functions. This can usually be corrected by a slight adjustment once the problematic housing control or push button has been identified.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster- Ikelite

that seems like maybe reasonable explanation but it doesn't explain the zoom not working . the control itself turns but hits something very solid which I suspect is the ring of the shutter button since maybe the camera is being pushed into the case too far by the flexing back cover

that seems like maybe reasonable explanation but it doesn't explain the zoom not working . the control itself turns but hits something very solid which I suspect is the ring of the shutter button since maybe the camera is being pushed into the case too far by the flexing back cover

If it becomes feasible, please send your housing to the Ikelite Customer Service Dept. so we can properly evaluate and correct your problem.

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn. Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.,
Indianapolis, In 46208 USA

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

I doubt that the back of the housing is flexing at all. If you think it is the clip on shutter button make sure it is in proper position. As Ike wrote something is hitting a control on camera thereby not allowing any other use. Make sure no other control on housing is accidentally in contact with camera when it is not supposed to.

Last edited:
Definitely the back cover is flexing under pressure as you can see the rubber border of the viewfinder is distorted, pressed into the camera but the suggestions re a button sound feasible

Definitely the back cover is flexing under pressure as you can see the rubber border of the viewfinder is distorted, pressed into the camera but the suggestions re a button sound feasible
There is no viewfinder on that housing. Perhaps you mean the lcd screen? I have 3 IKELITE housings of that type and none of the backs noticeably flex. Maybe you see the o ring being compressed, that is normal. That kind of housing actually seals the back better underwater as the pressure squeezes the door tighter against the o ring.Or the housing may have a sliver of foam surrounding the led screen to minimize glare,that may get distorted when you close the housing. Just check all controls and be sure none are touching camera until you want to.

---------- Post added November 6th, 2014 at 09:23 AM ----------

While I am now on this I want to thank IKELITE for the timely repairs they just recently made to my "ancient" olympus5050 housing. Received it back just yesterday.
I accidentally got the electronics wet while cleaning the housing after a Bonaire trip , my own dumbass mistake, and they kindly repaired it at a very low reasonable cost. Not only repaired the electronics,which is what I expected to be done , but cleaned and lubricated all the control buttons. Ike also discovered the arm release on the tray was sticking,they replaced the tray and the handle for me at I am embarrassed to say,at no cost. They also sent me a new deflector being that they saw the one I had was slightly cracked.
Unbelievable customer service. I have used IKELITE products for over 30 years back to their substrobes 75 ,150 and 225 for my nikonos 2 's and nikonos 5's . Now currently using 2 125 strobes and smaller DM's 50 and assorted housings. Customer service at IKELITE are not words just tossed around. They deliver!
Thanks Ikelite,
Emilio B
Scuba New York

Last edited:
There is no viewfinder on that housing. Perhaps you mean the lcd screen? I have 3 IKELITE housings of that type and none of the backs noticeably flex. Maybe you see the o ring being compressed, that is normal. That kind of housing actually seals the back better underwater as the pressure squeezes the door tighter against the o ring.Or the housing may have a sliver of foam surrounding the led screen to minimize glare,that may get distorted when you close the housing. Just check all controls and be sure none are touching camera until you want to.

---------- Post added November 6th, 2014 at 09:23 AM ----------

While I am now on this I want to thank IKELITE for the timely repairs they just recently made to my "ancient" olympus5050 housing. Received it back just yesterday.
I accidentally got the electronics wet while cleaning the housing after a Bonaire trip , my own dumbass mistake, and they kindly repaired it at a very low reasonable cost. Not only repaired the electronics,which is what I expected to be done , but cleaned and lubricated all the control buttons. Ike also discovered the arm release on the tray was sticking,they replaced the tray and the handle for me at I am embarrassed to say,at no cost. They also sent me a new deflector being that they saw the one I had was slightly cracked.
Unbelievable customer service. I have used IKELITE products for over 30 years back to their substrobes 75 ,150 and 225 for my nikonos 2 's and nikonos 5's . Now currently using 2 125 strobes and smaller DM's 50 and assorted housings. Customer service at IKELITE are not words just tossed around. They deliver!
Thanks Ikelite,
Emilio B
Scuba New York

Thank you for your kind words Emilio!

kwhkg,

If you decide to send your housing to Ikelite for evaluation, the turnaround time is approximately 2 weeks, and we will contact you before doing any work.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom