Waited till the last min now need your help - livaboard in Nov

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Need a good recommendation of a LOB for nov to Mal Dives, Cheaper the better and focus on diving (3-4 dives/day).

Also what is considered the prime location for diving in maldives do the LOB do all the parts?

Lastly is the map dives crowded like thailand or red sea? is it worth it?

Thanks

---------- Post added October 29th, 2014 at 06:16 PM ----------

How is the MV sting ray?

we did the best of the maldives in March this year.. the initial day or two after arriving we were rather dismayed at the amount of shipping and dive boats close to Male….but after a few days we really were in deserted waters a lot which is what we had hoped for….when we went looking for whale sharks it was busy tho with lots of boats. but overall i think the further out you go (more expensive) the better…

sounds good, what boat?

I just returned from Maldives on the Maldives Princess Live aboard. The boat is super roomy but a little run down. Worn out sofas in lounge. Safes in cabin don't work. Not enough hot water. But all in all a good trip.. I have done 7 or 8 live aboards. I would give this a 7 out of 10 ranking.. But the most important thing is ... the best time to dive the Maldives is jan thru March. We lucked out with our weather, but you are not going in the best season for Maldives diving.

sounds good, what boat?

we went on the Honors Legacy boat. Wouldn't recommend it. We had a bad experience above the water. The equipment is old and we had problems from day one with the compressors, eventually had to have parts flown into fix it. Food was not good (understatement)…the diving was terrific tho. All in all we would go back to the Maldives but not on that boat. My husband wrote a review while we were at sea which is still on Honors Legacy FB page if you want to read it.

Many people consider Nov-March to be the main season. Nov can be a little 'shoulder' season with some rain. I've been in Nov a couple of times in Nov/Dec and its been great.

I have had good experiences on Carpe Vita, Sea Spirit & Maldives Siren (no longer operating). I'd be wary of too cheap a liveaboard in the Maldives (unless it was a last minute special on a high quality boat).

Hope this is helpful.

ended up booking the MV eagle ray for 23rd-30th. ill keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom