quarrys that are ice free?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JacobsonC2

Reaction score
i am looking to go diving this coming week. i have the 8-14 of march off. what quarrys are open. i am coming from the milwaukee area. gilboa, whitestar, or portage arent completely out of the question. but, i was hopeing for something closer. haigh quarry? brandon quarry? ideas?? most of the quarrys here are frozen over.

carrie

All of the quarries, srings, lakes and oceans in Florida are currently free of ice. The pool is open and you are free to dive as you see fit. :D

JacobsonC2:
i am looking to go diving this coming week. i have the 8-14 of march off. what quarrys are open. i am coming from the milwaukee area. gilboa, whitestar, or portage arent completely out of the question. but, i was hopeing for something closer. haigh quarry? brandon quarry? ideas?? most of the quarrys here are frozen over.

carrie

Haigh is open, but only on the weekend right now. Brandon is privately owned. Gilboa is ice free, but not sure if anyone is there during the week yet. NOt sure about Wazee.

Laser:
Haigh is open, but only on the weekend right now. Brandon is privately owned. Gilboa is ice free, but not sure if anyone is there during the week yet. NOt sure about Wazee.

I was told by my LDS on Friday that Brandon Quarry was still frozen over. We have two weight belts from OW classes that disappeared into the muck. I think the Joliet Fire Department is looking for a marine radio too. We're hoping to recover them before OW classes start up again.

Hantzu

Why not do some shore diving on the Appomattox? The ice is off Lake Michigan and you wouldn't have to travel.

Jim

Spoke with Tina today. She told me that the ice broke this past Thursday. She had six divers on Saturday. She forgot to get water temps and vis from them before they left.

If u were there on Sat., could u please post temps and vis.

Hantzu

hantzu701:
Spoke with Tina today. She told me that the ice broke this past Thursday. She had six divers on Saturday. She forgot to get water temps and vis from them before they left.

If u were there on Sat., could u please post temps and vis.

Hantzu

I might be game this Sunday, depending on a few things at home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom