Palau - accomodation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Looking for accomodation on Palau for 4 divers - clean and quiet preferred. Any recommendations?
How to get araound the island? Do we need to hire a vehicle?

I stayed at teh Sunrise Villa Hotel in March 2003. It was clean, quite and reasonably priced. Transportation methods vary. The hotel or dive operator should provide the airport transfers. I dove with Sam's Tours and they provided transportation from the airport to the hotel. They also provided transportation to and from the dock each day. Taxi's are available to go into Koror for dinner if you so choose. The Sunrise Villa provided Airport transportation on the return leg.

If you are flying on Continental the flight from Palau to Guam departs around 1 am so a late check out would be a definite advantage on your last day.

My trip was arranged by Cindy at Micronesian Divers Association (MDA) in Guam. They also have a very good webpage on Palau hotels.

MDA
MDA Palau Hotels

The West Plaza hotels are the cheapest and located in Koror. The Sunrise Villa is out of town a little and is slightly more expensive. The Palau Pacific Resort is a full blown resort and is proced that way.

We just got back from Palau... we were on Peleliu most of the time, but did spend a few nights in Koror. The first night we stayed at the West Plaza By the Sea. The room was clean and highly air conditioned, but the services there seemed extremely minimal. We wouldn't have minded that part quite as much, but fresh off the plane, exhausted, arriving after everything is closed, we were not happy to find that we couldn't drink the water at the hotel and no one at the front desk could seem to tell us where to get a bottle of water, let alone a snack.

After our stay on Peleliu, we stayed at the Palau Pacific Resort, which is huge and beautiful and completely full-service, but is also the highest priced resort in Koror. PPR is also pretty far outside of town, and a round trip taxi will run you ~$10 ($7 one way).

I stayed in West Plaza Malakal for a few days. I would like to strongly recommend that hotel. The room was clean and quiet, and the service in the hotel was good, except there was no elevator--you would have to walk upstairs, but it has only three floors. There is a restaurant, Palm Bay, right outside of the hotel. I would like to recommend that restaurant too. It provides very good food and brews its own beer, and the price is reasonable for a fine dinning restaurant. I booked with Sam's Tour for diving. Sam's Tour provides diving and hotel package, it's good and price is reasonable, and I would recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom