Coolpix P7700 TTL in Manual Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frameless

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone tell me if the P7700 supports TTL when in manual mode. I currently have a G12 and it does not support TTL in manual. I picked up the P7700 a year ago and currently considering it as a secondary camera. The TTL function would be a nice feature.

The G12 is a great camera and I am very happy with the results. Please visit my website if you would like to view some of my recent pics UnderSeaVision

We have a older Nikon 5900 in a IKELITE housing and ttl works ok on it in M. What housing are you using with the G12? Using the hot shoe to a sync cable? What strobe is being used?

I am using an Ikelite housing and two DS51's. There are many posts on the board that references the G12 and TTL. I have used the Canon hack on the G12 (CHDK) and have been successful with TTL and manual mode. The drawback to CHDK is that its a bit cumbersome to start and manipulate the menu while at depth.

You are correct to say that Nikon offers TTL in manual mode. I cannot vouch for compatibility with Ikelite TTL but I have used this combination with fiber optic syncing with the S&S YS-01 / YS-D1 and Inon S-2000 and TTL works. In fact, I find the TTL of the Nikon to be much more accurate than Canon and I was able to achieve very good results using this method.

Its quite nice to be able to manually controlling the image in full while having the strobe power fire just at the right level for getting the main object correctly exposed.

Note that using A or S mode you can also achieve similar results by using the flash exposure compensation on the camera or strobe and TTL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom