information on shipwrecks off the coast of west india

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barracuda

Registered
Reaction score
hi guys and gals,

would appreciate any information you would have on shipwrecsk off the coast of west india (near Goa nd Karnataka).

we are the first and only PADI IRRA based in Goa, india and regularly dive one shipwreck (original name reported to be SS Rita) which sank in the 1950s. she is a merchant vessel and was carrying railroad tracks when she apparently sank in a storm. no independent confirmation has been possible and i would apprecaite any info on the same. she lies in approx 13 meters depth off Grande island.

another wreck lies in approx 30 metres of water and is believed to have sank abt 15 years ago. she is alsoa british vessel and was carrying steel sheets when she sank. dont have her name.

any info on the aboe as well as anynother shipwrecks with as much details as possible would be much appreciated. if you also know how its possible for me to get some info through other sources, i would be grateful. hopre to hear from you soon.

Venkat
Barracuda Diving India

I'm searching for information about SS Rita.
I have the rodder and it would be fun to have som information about that ship.

I would be grateful for all information!

Elin
Norway :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom