Geo says I'm at 15 ft depth on the surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cpichette

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was diving in Cozumel last week using a Oceanic Geo dive computer. It worked fine on the first day. On the second day, I got it wet getting into the dive boat. It went into dive mode and said I was at 15 ft even though I was on the surface and started logging dive time and wouldn't stop. I pulled my spare and used it. After the dives, the first Geo was still at 15 ft and working on a 6 hour dive so I pulled the battery and let it sit for a day. I put the battery in a day later and it started a new dive at 15 ft even though it was sitting in the kitchen of the rental house. I let it run. Checked it the next morning and the computer had completely shut down. Pulled the battery and let it sit for a while, then tried to restart and it stayed dead. So I pulled the battery again and let it sit for a couple more days then threw it back in. Still dead, so I threw it in a bag and gave up. At the end of the trip I checked it and it had restarted a few days later and reset.

Anyone have any experience with anything like that?

The computer doesn't go into dive mode until it's some depth below the surface (5 feet I think). So if it gets in the water but doesn't start dive mode, it displays "wet".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom