Romblon Island muck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimi666

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Just started to planning 2015 dive trip to Philippines and would like to try new place this time.

Romblon island has anyone here been there recently? I have few questions about it.

1. Is it nice for muck/macro? I love Anilao, but does Romblon rival Dauin/PG/Malapascua/Sogod Bay for macro?

2. Is there any other accommodation near(within walking distance) Ducks Diving/The Tree P resort?
Diving package and rental gear rates are reasonable, but i would like to stay in some cheaper place.

3. Other dive resort recommendation?

-Kimi

Looking at the photos posted on Facebook scuba community romblon looks like excellent location for muck and macro. Constant streams of shrimps and other crustacean and I do believe it is there they have found the pontohi Pygmy seahorse - first time for ppines I think? anyways the posters are from the three P place and they seem to be photographer orientated and looked at going before deciding on Ambon ! And most importantly u will have no crowds there. Southern Leyte is great, not been to others.

Instead of Romblon Romblon there is also the Island of Tablas. Ist a quit unexplored place, nice macro-live. There is Tablas fun divers, just starting under new onwner. Nice accomandation at Binucot Resort. Ist a quiet Island, but still you can rent motobikes, there are waterfalls, nice beaches, and much more. All near borracay, if you want a stop over there.
for more informations mail to marievergara66@yahoo.com

One article here http://www.uwmacrophotographers.com/eNews/eNews_Issue23.pdf (page58-59) sounds promising.
Writer noting: Consider Romblon at same level as Anilao, but without crowds, wow:) List of critters is imperssive too.
I have also seen some pics on facebook, but i havent found much else info about diving there.
Southern Leyte is great and will visit there again on this coming trip.

Back
Top Bottom