Liveaboard in the Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElChe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I always wanted to visit the Philippines, read a lot about the different islands and spots, but recently I found a website of a liveaboard boat.
AlishaDive.com | True diving experience!

I confess I didn't know about liveaboard there but it seems exciting, as in the Red Sea I always choose liveaboard trips. But I know all places are different and not everywhere the liveaboard is the best option. How about this in the Philippines? Better to stay in a resort or spend a week on a boat?

Tubattaha is THE place in the country!!! Unfortunately only divable from Mid Mar to Mid June. Seek it out.
Alternatively, a week in Malapascua or Southern Leyte is highly recommended. But if you like macro then Anilao or Dumaguete.
Travelling all the way from Hungary for a week or two of diving in Philippines?

Well, it isn't that difficult to visit Asia from Hungary. Next spring we will go to Bali for two weeks and there's only one stop in Doha. My friend from HK visited me this year, so everything is possible.:) You know, in Europe I dived many places, and I've been to the Red Sea for a dozen times- I love liveaboard diving there because so cheap and much to see but I'm always looking for new destinations. But certainly when I pay a lot of money for the flights I would like to get most of a trip, so want to learn about possibilitites. During the cold winter months I can't do nothing better if I want to some "diving" than browsing the websites and offers.:) The lone dive spot in Budapest is a flooded mine with cold water, so don't be surprised if I try to organize trips to Asia.

One nice thing about Philippines is that you generally don't need a live-aboard to experience fantastic diving. With the exception of Tubattaha, pretty much everything else can be done land-based. So live-aboard is not necessary, especially if you like macro. Anilao, Dumaguete, Malapascua, etc., all have world-class diving.

Have to agree with Rob here. I did a Siren liveaboard from Coron to Anilo and while it was a great trip and I have no complaints the only diving that was unavailable from a resort was Apo reef which was not that great. Nice but not great, Apo Island was very similar in terms of diving. While in Coron we were diving within a short boat ride from the town for all but one day and in Anilo we were mostly diving on the house reefs of the resorts. If I were to go back would not bother with the liveaboard option even though I strongly prefer liveaboard diving over resort diving. The cost differential is just too high for me.

Well, it isn't that difficult to visit Asia from Hungary. Next spring we will go to Bali for two weeks and there's only one stop in Doha. My friend from HK visited me this year, so everything is possible.:) You know, in Europe I dived many places, and I've been to the Red Sea for a dozen times- I love liveaboard diving there because so cheap and much to see but I'm always looking for new destinations. But certainly when I pay a lot of money for the flights I would like to get most of a trip, so want to learn about possibilitites. During the cold winter months I can't do nothing better if I want to some "diving" than browsing the websites and offers.:) The lone dive spot in Budapest is a flooded mine with cold water, so don't be surprised if I try to organize trips to Asia.

Hi,

I would agree with Central, do check out Tubbataha.

Try Trip Advisor, to get the reviews of all the Liveaboards operating in Tubbataha.
And also to check out all the dive resorts.

Tubbataha Reef - Puerto Princesa - Reviews of Tubbataha Reef - TripAdvisor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom