Public Safety Diver Training on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ive tried to search for who on Oahu might teach this, but don't really come up with any answers. PADI's website just says to contact your local dive shop.

My current dive shop tried to tell me there's no one on the island that teaches this, and I find that hard to believe.

Anyone on here have any points of contact for me?

Thanks.

Nope, but I'll ask around my circle of local dive instructors and see what comes up.

ERDi doesn't get any hits for Hawaii. Might have to make a trip to the main land.

It may be possible that the PSD courses are taught through your guys commercial dive school; not any recreational shops.
Most likely they have an offshoot course for your law enforcement, which would do you no good.

I couldn't find one specifically in a quick search but I did see an article that states NUPI was setting up a program back in 2004.
Commercial Diving School | EMT School | Underwater Welding School

If you are looking at PSD for a law enforcement agency check with the local, county or state agencies about working for them and if they arrange training. I believe many of the law enforcement agencies use ther own people and train them.

PSD is not a job for the feint of heart. Diving in the worst conditions pulling bodies and there nasty stuff from the water.

As claymore said, your best bet is to contact your local law enforcement agencies and ask who they use. Failing that, you might want to ask over at DRI.

Appreciate the help everyone. I have reached out to some folks with the Maui FD that list ERD/PSD in LinkedIn profiles..

Back
Top Bottom