Another Oceanic Pro Plus 3 QD question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dnaber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Again,

I have another question for the Oceanic folks. Would the PP# flood if it were to become detached from the hose during a dive? And if it did should I try to reconnect it? See what happens when things are slow at work.... I have more time to think of "what if" questions. I guarantee more to come. :admingreet:

I don't think you can disconnect it when it is under pressure from the tank. I guess it would if the tank runs out of air. But then again, if that happens-you'd have bigger problems :D:wink:

I have actually tried to get my PP3 to disconnect at the surface before a dive on dry land and air on the line. I used the point of what I though was above normal force to try and failed. I didn't go all hulk on it as I didn't want to possibly damage something but I used enough to know that bumping something or getting it wedged in a rock on a dive is not going to separate the two.

The pro plus is sealed - so no, it wouldn't flood if disconnected. Katch is correct - it would be very difficult if not impossible to disconnect it with anything more than a couple hundred psi.

Ok, let me throw this out.... could you dive with it disconnect as just a computer?

Back
Top Bottom