Wisdom (1) Dive Download Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Since updating my computer to Windows 7 I'm unable to download data off my Wisdom.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software version 2.1.7 and the USB x64driver. I've installed it without the USB connected, and I've tried installing the software first followed by the USB driver as well as the driver first followed by the software.

I had it working one time but it won't work anymore, not sure what changed, the problem seems to be different each time I uninstall and reinstall. The randomly occurring problems are:

1) Works as expected, download screen says USB Interface FOUND, I put the computer into PC Mode and hit the download button and the screen shows Starting Handshake but then shows Time Out and switches back to the main dive log screen.

2) The Download screen doesn't open up when I press the '+' icon and the program does not go back to the main screen

3) I also have had intermittent problems where the program doesn't let me edit or add new Dive Site and Location information.

Right now I'm only experiencing problem #1.

I've submitted requests to Sherwood twice but no response...

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.

Terry

Last edited:
I had trouble downloading my Wisdom II after I got a new laptop wth Windows 7. This is copied from an old thread.

[h=2]Wisdom II & Windows 7[/h]
Recently I installed the Sherwood dive log software for my Wisdom II blue button dive computer on a new laptop with Windows 7. The Sherwood software instructions specify that you click the + to add new dives, then after a down load window pops up you plug in the USB adaptor, test interface, and then download new dives. On my old laptop with Windows XP this process worked fine.

With the new laptop and Windows 7 this process would not work. When I would click on the + to add new dives the interface window would not come up and the program locks up.

I discovered by trial and error that if I plug the USB adaptor cable in before I open the Sherwood dive log program that it will work. So I start by plugging in the USB adaptor, then open the Sherwood dive log program, and click the + sign to add new dives. The download window opens and it shows that it is connected. I skip the test interface step, and proceed to download dives.​

Thanks - hopefully this will apply to my Wisdom, I'll give that a try and report back with results.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2014 at 01:45 PM ----------

:D Success - thank you SO MUCH. I was able to download the dives off the Wisdom.

I guess the key is to plug in the USB cable (and computer?) prior to starting the program.

Thanks again for providing your input, you made my day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom