2015 at Power Scuba (Lots of tidbits!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Power Scuba

Supreme Benchwarmer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Power Scuba Member,

As we blaze into the new year, I {Bill} wish to renew my pledge to you. I pledge to:

• Continue to bring you no-profit dive experiences locally and throughout the world.
  • Continue advocating for the underwater environment
  • Continue emphasizing safety in word and deed.
  • And just as importantly, keep this a fun and enjoyable dive group!

3pTL5hXi2Dvh7xZWAWPoLMy5fK7_XFySx2EwCS0k9KDFF4qfluGGMOI1w9raO_f4EO7pPjt6W-owPSMblfxWYfQIts3UFZRLY2qrYnnVc2KmPOkxdrxrBmUdHzacT7Y=s0-d-e1-ft

I KNOW
the ToS of most groups and orgs isn't exactly dynamic reading, but I include funny pictures in ours. You should read through it at least once... and laugh a little! Power Scuba ToS

SPEAKING OF ADMIN STUFF, it's time for everyone to submit a new, signed Liability Release. One per year for everyone (even boat people) now please. Click here for the Liability Release. If you can't/won't download it immediately, each Event Organizer will have blanks on hand at their respective get-togethers for you to fill out. You may not participate in any Power Scuba event unless you've submitted a current release.

SPONSORS: I'd like to see this year be the year we break out with a bunch of new Sponsors! If you know an individual or business who'd like to be our supporter (with a minimum donation of $350) please turn us on to them. (New Sponsor announcement coming next week!)

DID YOU KNOW:

• We have a dedicated page showcasing (non-scuba-related) member-owned businesses? When it comes time to hire a plumber, contractor, daycare center, etc why not hire one of your fellow members? We want your free listing too! (Send Bill your info!) Click here for the Member-Offered Services page.
  • We have a page listing area dive shops, boats, air fill locations, and more? Click here for Shops & Boats.
  • We have harassment policies generally mirroring those held by most major corporations in the U.S.? This is not a dating site (though relationships can and do happen) and those found bothering the opposite sex will be summarily kicked out of the group. This is a welcoming, safe group and our staff will work hard to keep it that way.
  • That Power Scuba does not discriminate based on ethnicity, color, gender, or sexual preference? Nor will we allow said discrimination to happen within our group or during our events.
  • We have a forum for LOTS of important info, like our free mask, snorkel, and weight replacement program... our refund policy... our tongue-in-cheek Ten Commandments of RSVPing... and much more. Click here for Important Info!
  • And lastly, that we run more boat and shore dives than any other group on the West Coast... and beyond? All in a no-profit manner!
MY ALL-VOLUNTEER ORGANIZERS, BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND I hereby recommit to providing you with simply the best dive group in the United States. Don't forget, though, it all starts with YOU!
See you at an event soon!

Bill
Supreme Benchwarmer, Power Scuba
A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Charitable Organization

MISSION STATEMENT

Power Scuba is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation dedicated to ocean stewardship and the preservation of our underwater environment. Comprised primarily of scuba divers, Power Scuba will educate the community, through outreach and programs, about the local underwater ecosystem which desperately needs our help. The corporation will provide a means by which divers can be more active in scuba activities while they also become attuned to the plight the ocean currently faces.
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom