how to get to the Bay Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I flew to Utila I flew from San Pedro Sula, Honduras on Sosa Airlines with a stop in La Ceiba. It was approx. $110. I understand that people can fly direct to Roaatan from the States.

We're flying to Roatan next week and we fly from Houston (IAH) directly to Roatan (RTB) on Taca International Airlines

I am flying out of Miami on TACA into San Pedro and then into Roatan. I know Continental flys into Honduras through Houston. Hope this is helpful. :54:

funkyspelunker:
What airport(s) are there to fly into to get to the Bay Islands, Honduras? Also, do you know what airlines have service?

A very broad question. Which island? From where?

The other posters hit most of the points, I will add that Continental start date for IAH>RTB is approx 6/12/04.

Islena is (or was) another airline that puddle jumped. They and SOSA are TACA sockpuppets.

Continental, American and TACA all fly to San Pedro Sula (SAP). From here you can take Sosa, Atlantic or Islena airlines on to La Ceiba. These domestic airlines all then fly to the 3 bay Islands (Islena has discontinued some services).
The other option is to fly direct to Roatan as the previous posts mention.

funkyspelunker:
so far I can only find airfare over 1000usd, do any of you know any websites to find cheaper airfare?

TACA often do specials to Honduras. Check out there website www.taca.com. Other than that it can be pretty expensive to get to honduras. You may be able to get a cheaper flight to Guatemala city, afterwards you can get a bus in one day to La Ceiba, Honduras and then a ferry or flight to the Bay Islands.

funkyspelunker:
so far I can only find airfare over 1000usd, do any of you know any websites to find cheaper airfare?

What airport/city are you coming from?

Back
Top Bottom