Dive Shops in Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I'm going to Malta next Wednesday (March 24) and I'm looking for a good dive shop, preferably on the Northern part of the island. I've conducted a few Google seaches, but haven't found anything useful. Can anyone recommend a good dive shop or two. I'm looking for a women's tropical wet suit and fins.

Thanks

Sylvie

mobymark:
Well I wish we could help but we are in Gozo, the sister island. Check out our site at www.mobydivesgozo.com Anyways if you need some info, contact us at info@mobydivesgozo.com The weather is great at the moment!

Bonġu Mark

Thanks for replying so quickly. Although I will be staying in the St Paul's Bay area, I plan to spend a day in Gozo too. When I was there last time, I really liked Gozo. In fact, I ate had the best salad I had ever in my entire life near the citadel in Victoria. I'll probably try to find the same restaurant again next Friday or Saturday. While I'm there, I'll look up your dive shop too. I'm looking for gloves and a women’s tropical full-length wet suit. I heard great things about Henderson on this site, but the brand isn't available in Switzerland. Of course I'm also willing to try other brands i.e. BARE, liquidfit etc. My husband is looking for a pair of fins with booties. After having tried my Mares Volo, he's considering Volo Race. Does your shop carry these brands?

By the way, as of yesterday it’s also gorgeous here. It’s currently 22C outside, hazy sunny, but with a cool wind. I suspect Malta is a lot warmer and sunnier. I can’t wait to leave. I’d love to go diving in Gozo, but my husband doesn’t want to freeze. I’ve heard that at this time of year people are still diving in dry suits or 7mm semi-dry suits with extra body, hood and gloves. Is that true?

Saħħa

Sylvie

Bongu Sylvie! Nice hearing some Maltese! Even us Gozitans understand it! Try Maltaqua in St. Pauls. They are also agents for alot of dive equipment. And there is a Bare wet suit factory on the Island for good deals. They are the best on that side of the Island. If you are in Xlendi Bay, Gozo, give us a call and we will have a coffee. Tel. 21551616. Thanks. Mark.

Bonġu again Mark

Thanks for the shopping tip. I’ve heard about the BARE factory from a friend of mine who bought her wetsuit there. She always raves about her wetsuit. I found the address on the net, and have written to them regarding their opening hours etc. I tried their 7mm artic model last year, but it was too tight across my broad shoulders. I opted for a better fitting 7mm from Seac Sub, which costs a fraction of the price. Hurrah. Albeit the quality isn’t nearly so nice. I’m now looking for a tropical suit, so hopefully the material will be less stiff and offer a more comfortable fit across the shoulders and everywhere else. I checked out the prices of BARE on the net and they seem pretty reasonable compared to what you pay in Switzerland. Of course a low US$ helps. The regular internet prices at BARE are even cheaper than Spiro & Techniquest wetsuits listed at Maltaqua’s website - interesting. Thus, the BARE factory will definitely be my first choice. If BARE doesn’t fit, I’m willing to try anything as long as it is comfortable. I don’t mid driving to another part of the island to visit a dive shop. After all, I get to see more of Malta that way, and I was planning on exploring new areas. I just don’t want to spend my holiday shopping for diving equipment.

Cheers

Sylvie
PS: Do you know if Seac Sub and Henderson are sold in Malta too?
PPS: It's currently 25C and mostly sunny, just like Malta should be next week, right.

Hey Sylvie, the agent for SeacSub is Scuba Systems and the owner is Elaine Cuschieri. Her e-mail is scubasys@maltanet.net They are the agents for Seacsub and Scubapro in Malta. Henderson is not in Malta, that I know of. Mark.

Thanks for the e-mail address Mark. I'll write to her immediately.

Cheers

Sylvie

Hey Sylvie, did you ever fined the shops in Malta? Sorry if I missed you but I forgot that I would be at the London Dive Show, the same week you were in Malta.

Back
Top Bottom