Best suggestions for November 2015 liveaboard???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings -

We're pretty well locked into a November trip due to work requirements before that, holidays after that, etc. I've done a bit of homework so far, and learned that November is a transitional month in terms of weather. Here's what I would hope to find ...

*Standard grade liveaboard ... not a backpacker boat, not a gold plater. En suite cabin with decent berths and air conditioning, and decent food. Smaller boat gets extra points, as we loathe "swarm diving".

*10-12 day trip. It's just too far to travel to go on a 7-8 day liveaboard cruise.

* Best mix of pelagics and coral reefs

Any suggestions regarding boats and best dive areas in November are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm looking at a 7 day liveaboard in the Maldives the end of November. I'd also appreciate advice from anyone who's done it before. I'm okay with a backpacker boat :wink: What I have found from my research is several of the boats require divers to supply all their own gear or have a minimum number of dives under their belt.

Hiya
I will be going to the Maldives early November; doing liveaboard M/Y Blue Voyager (26 divers max) she is a 37 metre, steel hulled vessel that has three spacious double and ten twin cabins along with a separate outdoor dining area, bar and sky lounge, as well as a Jacuzzi

We wanted a 12 night trip but the company we use didn't have any places so we've opted for: Pelagic Encounters and the itinerary travels further south with the purpose of seeking out the larger pelagics. More channel diving is offered to maximise the chances of 'big fish' encounters and manta cleaning stations are also visited - as this is a 7 day safari we will then be going to an island resort (adults only) for 7 nights where we'll get some other dives in along with a visit to two to the spa (its got to be done...its a female thing!) as well as a cocktail or two.

Hope you get to the Maldives but be prepared to want to return
Vicky

We did a live aboard (10 days) one a year ago in the Maldives. Was supposed to be 'best of Maldives' but unfortunately we missed out quite a chunk of our itinerary due to the compressors not working properly on the boat and trying to fix them. Everyone on our boat had well over 100 dives..one person had 500. The Maldives in our experience is not for beginners as the currents are very strong in places so you need experience with reef hooks in particular. Everyone had their own gear.

Carpe Vita is always my recommendation. They have a 10 night trip Nov 8-18. The Nov 19-29 is sold out. I have some clients who have done multiple trips on this ship, highly recommended. And I discount this fleet. I have a Far North charter Dec 30-Jan 10 but that doesn't work for your dates.

I have another trip to Meemu Atoll dates 21 Sept to 01 Oct for $2243 on the Maavahi but again dates don't fit. This ship does have open cabins from 20 Nov to 30 Nov.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom