Haigh Saturday 3/20 anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CD_in_Chitown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright I missed out on opening day but I have caught up enough on the honey-do-this list that I can sneak off Saturday and go diving. Will be my first trip to Haigh quarry if I can find a buddy familiar with the site that would be cool, anyone unfamiliar who wants to explore it would be great too. Anyone interested?

cd_in_SeaTac:
Alright I missed out on opening day but I have caught up enough on the honey-do-this list that I can sneak off Saturday and go diving. Will be my first trip to Haigh quarry if I can find a buddy familiar with the site that would be cool, anyone unfamiliar who wants to explore it would be great too. Anyone interested?

You sure you want to go? Last weekend the water temp was a balmy 38 degrees. Viz was awesome, but the water was down right cold!!! My hood broke while ice diving in January, so I didn't have one last weekend. So that made the diving very uncomfortable for me (I don't like my head getting cold). I'll probably wait another month before heading out again. Maybe the water temps can edge up into the upper 40's :bounce:

cd_in_SeaTac:

Can't make Saturday, but I'm planning on being there Sunday morning. My buddy is meeting me there. You're welcome to join us, and I'll give you the lay of the land.

Since I don't have a dry suit, I think I will be waiting for it to get a little bit warmer than 40 degrees. I've got a 7mm and hood, but even that would be too cold.

cd_in_SeaTac:

i will be there sat in the morning with my buddy and anyone is welcomed to join us. hopefully i will get at least two dives in although my buddy will be diving wet. so, i may be looking for a buddy for the second dive. ahh... it is nice to have a dry suit :cheeky:

Looking out my window & it is snowing. No thanks. I will be diving Sunday - but not around here. I'm heading somewhere tropical in Mexico. I'll keep a warm thought for you brave souls at Haigh.

hantzu701:
Isn't it suppose to rain this Saturday? Temps are suppose to be 31 degrees on Sunday.

Don't want to go diving in the rain you might get wet.

In 31 degrees I'd be a divecicle.

I'm too big a baby for that kind of diving. If I ever get a drysuit, then I might go out in the tundra.

JacobsonC2:
i will be there sat in the morning with my buddy and anyone is welcomed to join us.

That's what I'm talking about, I'd definately like to hook up and dive with you guys. What time are you thinking you'll arrive?

Laser, I'd love to but am slated to work a pool session Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom