Kauai Dive Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got back from a 7 day trip from Kauai. I booked two days of diving with Bubbles Below Dive charters. Linda, Faith, Capt Earl and Capt Pete were all great. Linda is the one that does the divemastering and is very knowledgeable! Everything you want to know about marine life, she probably knows.

All of our dives were out of Port Allen, south side of Kauai. On the first trip, we were heading out of the harbor and there were two huge green sea turtles mating. First dive we did at bouy #2 (not sure of the dive site name), saw both a male and female white tip shark, eels, green sea turtle, tons of fish, and nudibrachs. Second dive we went to Hale O Honu (house of turtles) and saw about 20-25 turtles, more eels, and more of the same stuff. I took my C5050 setup with me so I will go through and look at my pictures and give better details on what I saw and maybe post some pics.

Second day of diving, We went to Sheraton Caverns. This dive site is made of lava tubes. Abundant amount of fish here and has pretty much everthing except sharks. Pretty same marine life except we ran across a lion fish. Next we went to School House Rock. Here there were huge schools of fish (I will come back and edit with the specific type). Same marine life as above except here we ran across Dragon Eel and a few scorpion fish.

Water temp was about mid 70's which is comfortable enough for me to wear shorty but chilly enough for my wife to wear a shorty and vest w/integrated hood. Visibility was about 75' vis.

I highly recommend Linda and her crew at Bubbles Below.

Back
Top Bottom