Nikon d70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
well my brother the lucky git has just won a holiday in Hong Kong all paid.

so while he is there, i might get him to get me a D70.

any one know any web links or shops on line or the going price for a D70 in Hong Kong?

oh and please don't say look on ebay as they are hiked prices.

cheers

clive

clive francis:
well my brother the lucky git has just won a holiday in Hong Kong all paid.

so while he is there, i might get him to get me a D70.

any one know any web links or shops on line or the going price for a D70 in Hong Kong?

oh and please don't say look on ebay as they are hiked prices.

cheers

clive
I heard that Nikon just recalled all the D 70 cameras. Has anybody else heard this?...or am I just spreading another unsubstantiated rumor?

Where did you hear that?

I understand the "recall" was done before general release in asia (release was about 20 days ago) and the firmware was updated - the correct firmware is A1:00 B1.01.

I have had mine 3 weeks and it was supplied with the correct firmware so i dont think it is an issue.

clive francis:
first i have heard.

ahhhh there nothing like a well substanced rumour

so where is the evidence?[/ I was reading several posts on a user forum in dcreviews. I have no idea if this is true or not...just inquiring if anybody else had heard this?...I emailed Nikon witht his question and am waiting for their reply. I will pass along the answer if I recieve one. I hate to spread rumors!

Zebra mussel:
clive francis:
first i have heard.

ahhhh there nothing like a well substanced rumour

so where is the evidence?[/ I was reading several posts on a user forum in dcreviews. I have no idea if this is true or not...just inquiring if anybody else had heard this?...I emailed Nikon witht his question and am waiting for their reply. I will pass along the answer if I recieve one. I hate to spread rumors!

i spoke to a camera shop in the UK on saturday that has stock and they said it was not true.

so i might have been a pre release recall in which case it isn't a recall because if it hasn't been released how can you recall it?

that is a last minute mod.

well, i did it, i bought the d70

the holiday my brother won was in china not hong kong.

but i managed to get jessops to do a deal £950 for the lens kit.

having played with the 10D and 300D and 100D, the 300D looked and felt cheap, where as the other 3 had some weight and quality to them.

the pictures are excellent, but now have a whole new learning curve!

clive francis:
the holiday my brother won was in china not hong kong.
You guy's might not want to come to terms with this but HK is in China! :schijnend

Congratulation, welcome to the D70 club :eek:verlord:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom