Getting To Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Did a search here and could not find what I wanted. What is the best way to get to Utila? Ya i know a plane. But looking at the flights it was looking like on my way home I would have to spend a night in La Cieba or San pedro. Because of flight times. Trying to go around Memorial Day to save a vacation day. Have no problem traveling mid week for cheaper airfares. Anyone have a thought or suggestion on this? Thanks.

You should be able to get to Utila in a day from the US and maybe you can get back in a day. Flying Houston (or probably Miami but have not done this) to San Pedro continuing on to La Ceiba to Utila. Think you can get a ticket for a connecting flight in San Pedro for Utila which may or may not stop in La Ceiba. That San Pedro to La Ceiba to Utila is a matter of maybe 3 hours including standing around in one airport or another. You wouldn't want to waste any time scratching your fanny, though.

We've never bothered with reservations beyond San Pedro because there always seems to be a plane taking off within an hour or so and getting a flight beyond La Ceiba is pretty easy, too.

Coming back is the same sort of deal, wing it for reservations from Utila to San Pedro.
=Terry

Domino,

Have you done a search on Utila? I have posted on this very subject several times, as I get down there three or four times a year. There are travel options.....Continental, American, TACA, SOL. Maybe others that I don't know of. Try the search and you also can check out my previous posts, maybe you can find something there. If not PM me and I'll give you a hand.

Regards,

Great advice, free (until you pull the trigger) is always available from the "air desk" at 800 282-8932 (Roatan Charter)

Roatan Charter does book for some of the better Bay Islands AI resorts, but airfare costs the same (pretty much) for everyone.

They can get you wired in.

RoatanMan:
Great advice, free (until you pull the trigger) is always available from the "air desk" at 800 282-8932 (Roatan Charter)

Roatan Charter does book for some of the better Bay Islands AI resorts, but airfare costs the same (pretty much) for everyone.

They can get you wired in.
Thanks. I did search here on utila but I did not go back very far. I owe my my travel agent and dive club friend one so I gave her the info where I wanted to stay and dive with and am letting her work out the details. My main problem was finding the air info from san ped or la ceiba to utila. Using yahoo travel, orbitz, and a few others. I guess I will sit back and study which new strobe to get and let her do the work.

Try Sosa Airlines from San Pedro to Utila, I think it flys Wednesday and Saturday. There is no need to spend a night, espesially coming from Texas, Continental flys direct to San Pedro.

Hi

Dont worry about the flights from San Pedro Sula just when you arrive go to the sosa desk there is always pleanty of room and ask for a flight to Utila, you will have to stop at La Ceiba but you will have no problems if you want any more info just message me

Thanks All. Looks like Mango Inn Utila Dive Center and now just waitng for May 26th to get here. And thanks for the pm's- got some great info.

domino22:
Thanks All. Looks like Mango Inn Utila Dive Center and now just waitng for May 26th to get here. And thanks for the pm's- got some great info.
I've flown to Roatan and Utila with Atlantic Airlines. From SPSula flights leave daily. They take cash only but are cheaper. I'm heading back Friday from Belize, that may be an option if your coming from Houston. Check Capt. Morgans for cheap stays. They have a place on the north side, whole village is on piers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom