cave diving anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r0pey

New
Reaction score
just a beginner cave diver ...
or actually just came back from holidays down the coast and there were some underwater caves which me and a few mate dived into.. awesome it was

and im looking for more people who do the same or better

r0pey

r0pey:
just a beginner cave diver ...
or actually just came back from holidays down the coast and there were some underwater caves which me and a few mate dived into.. awesome it was

and im looking for more people who do the same or better

r0pey
Your post really sounds like you haven't had the training for overhead environment diving. If that's not the case, I suggest you get the training because cave diving is a whole new beast. Many, many OW divers have died in caves because of a lack of training.

Stand by because you will probably get an onslaught of posts from some of the other cave divers on the board..

...we also have absolitely no idea what coast "the coast" is because you didn't fill in your location in your profile and made no mention as to where you're from in the post....

Roak

r0pey,

there is a guy on this board called Sydney_diver that hails form your neck of the woods, I am sure that when he sees this, he can give you some sound advice how to do this right and save your hide. Once certified, grab an esky full of tinnies, mosie on into ofus and get into it like a snake up a drainpipe. ;-) G'donyam8 and welcome to the board, there is a great absence of us fine antipodaeans on this board.

roakey seems to be from Melbourne, Australia (from his post at the Intro. and Greets
section).

i mentioned there that i hoped he was not diving overhead without the proper knowledge and equipment...

sounds like he is talking about sea caves, like the kind they have in the west coast of the US.

H2Andy:
roakey seems to be from Melbourne, Australia (from his post at the Intro. and Greets
section).

i mentioned there that i hoped he was not diving overhead without the proper knowledge and equipment...

sounds like he is talking about sea caves, like the kind they have in the west coast of the US.

... yeah im from melbourne.. i figured most of u were from US so it doesnt matter really where the coast is.. but its near Beach Port, South Aus.. quite far from Melbourne

and becoming certified?
lucky i came here ...

first day we found these caves and next day we bought down some scuba gear down of a mates brother who lives in Beach Port ... never thought twice about safety :}... its taht kind of place

r0pey

Troll, anyone? :)

"first day we found these caves and next day we bought down some scuba gear down of a mates brother who lives in Beach Port ... never thought twice about safety :}"

ok... well, just know that over 90% of fatalities in caves are people who had no training in cave diving.

you are playing russian roulette.

warnings noted, guys...

i think we'll keep the benefit of the doubt alive for a little bit longer

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom