Haigh this weekend 3/27 or 28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hantzu701

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone up for diving at Haigh this weekend? It's suppose to be a balmy 66 degrees.

I'm looking to volunteer at the Shedd Aquarium and I need to fulfill my cold water requirement.

Charles

hantzu701:
Anyone up for diving at Haigh this weekend? It's suppose to be a balmy 66 degrees.

I'm looking to volunteer at the Shedd Aquarium and I need to fulfill my cold water requirement.

Charles
I might be interested. My wife is going to a baby shower so I've got nothing to do Saturday. My reg is getting it's annual service, I'm not sure if it will be done. If it is, I might be interested. I'd like to try out some new fins with my dry suit.

Duane

jhnsndn:
I might be interested. My wife is going to a baby shower so I've got nothing to do Saturday. My reg is getting it's annual service, I'm not sure if it will be done. If it is, I might be interested. I'd like to try out some new fins with my dry suit.

Duane
I'm game but I only have a 7mm. Do you think It's do-able ?

hantzu701:

Charles

YUK ! I guess you think you're going into the Reef tank Huh ? :58: Get ready to clean out the Beluga whale tank for a while before you get into the Reef tank. :l: Just kidding, it's a great cause and a great way to meet new divers. They have a dive club there at the Shedd. Say hello to Ken Lerner over @ the Shedd. He works in the lab.I met him and his lovely wife in Cozumel. We dove together and stayed at the Barracuda. He's a gentleman. Tell him that George said hi. Good luck @ the aquarium. Have you learned your speech yet ? Good viz,George

Reasons to dive now:

1) Great vis (relatively speaking)
2) water temp now 40 is similar to water temps at depth in the summer 43 @ 60ft.
3) no crowds or ow cert classes

Fill up that two piece wet suit w/ lukewarm water and ur set!
Did I mention that it's suppose to be 66 degrees?

Hantzu

hantzu701:
Reasons to dive now:

1) Great vis (relatively speaking)
2) water temp now 40 is similar to water temps at depth in the summer 43 @ 60ft.
3) no crowds or ow cert classes

Fill up that two piece wet suit w/ lukewarm water and ur set!
Did I mention that it's suppose to be 66 degrees?

Hantzu

I'm seriously considering it. I have to go to Scuba Emporium anyway, it's on the way. I'll get back to you. Good Viz, George

I FINALLY got my drysuit today. I will be at Haigh tomorrow to try it out. There will be quite a few people from my LDS out there so it should be a lot of fun.

If you see someone with their feet in the air kicking, it might be me! When you get done laughing, feel free to say hi!

Julie :scubadive

Juls64:
I FINALLY got my drysuit today. I will be at Haigh tomorrow to try it out. There will be quite a few people from my LDS out there so it should be a lot of fun.

If you see someone with their feet in the air kicking, it might be me! When you get done laughing, feel free to say hi!

Good for you girl !:jump013: You've had your feet in the air before ?:headscrat That shouldn't be a problem. Good Viz & Good Divin'.... No offense intended. All in jest. George

Juls64:

Hmmm... it was a beautiful day to go diving! Mid 60's, sunshine and only one OW class, in the shallow end. I think they're back tomorrow. The OW class was wearing wetsuits, so they didn't hang out for very long.

vis was 15-30ft.
water temps ~ 40 degrees.

If ur looking for a buddy, I'm might be up for diving again tomorrow...

Hantzu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom