AZ Divers-Lake Pleasant Water Temps Lately

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, sounds like we'll have to do a quick research dive for Karen! I'm available after around 3:30 today (thursday) Can't dive Friday though and Karen needs the water temp before Saturday. Anyone wanna join me???? Fishkiller??? Newdiveraz??? Bluespace????? Dinner at my house after the dive- I have the house to myself as the wife is out of town!

Tony.

If you want to link up, call and leave a message 623-551-8974- I'll be running errands and went swimming with my cell phone in my pocket- so it no longer works :)

Tony.

Not a big deal, I am just figuring in the 60's. I can't join you this time...maybe next weekend.

Karen

tonyc:
Well, sounds like we'll have to do a quick research dive for Karen! I'm available after around 3:30 today (thursday) Can't dive Friday though and Karen needs the water temp before Saturday. Anyone wanna join me???? Fishkiller??? Newdiveraz??? Bluespace????? Dinner at my house after the dive- I have the house to myself as the wife is out of town!

Tony.

hmmm..... maybe I should just buy a 20 cuft stage and name it Buddy.

Actually, planning on Diving with Fishkiller at lake Saguaro Saturday morning at 9:00 AM, meet at the end of keyhole. Anyone that wants to join up feel free to come!

Tony.

Hi - Word has it that the current water temp is in the low 60's...have fun and stay warm!!

Lake saguaro dive report, Saturday march 27th.
Key hole.
Max depth 39 ft.
Bottom time 53 minutes.

Temp above thermocline- 65 suunto degrees.
Temp below thermocline- 57 suunto degrees.
Thermocline at 28-30 foot
Topside 90's and sunny

Great visibility- probably 15 feet as long as you weren't stirring up the silt. Saw probably a 4 pound catfish, a few large bass and a giant bait ball of shad (got to pretend we were freshwater sea lions and swim through them). Visited Regan's (fishkiller) underwater geocache. Regan got a new comforter and a nice beach towell. Lot's of boats, Lot's of topsiders.

Karen how were your dives? How was the class?

Tony.

68 degrees last weekend - There is a cliff near the Dirty Shirt area that is now completely submerged. Slip your fins on in 4ft. of water, take a step, and drop down to 50'... Nice site! Also, viz was pretty good for the local lakes - maybe 20-25 feet. There was a thermocline around 50', and without a hood, my ears were hurting FAST.... No idea what the temp is beyond 45' or so. May have to actually wear the hood next time...

:mfight:

Where is the Dirty Shirt area?

CB

west side of the lake, near the sherrif's sub-station

or, as shown on the following jpgs (a little big to post here)

High Water

Low Water

and finally Topo (from usgs quad maps, which pre-date the "new" dam)

shown on all 3 as "DirF-HW", thats were we did our DIR-F class

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom